• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS elements 2021 stalls for at 30-45 seconds every single time I open it.

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS Elements appears to open normally and the UI loads up immediately, however I cannot interact with ANY part of PSE for at least 30-45 seconds. This happens each time I try to open it, even If I close and immediately re-open two seconds later. Normally PSE would open within 5 seconds or less, and you could immediately open a photo and start working on it. This is a problem that recently popped up, and not longstanding issue.

Any suggestions on how I can get PSE to work the way it did before?

-No I don't have a Potato PC. I have A Lenovo Legion 5 Pro, with 32GB of ram, and a SSD. and a decent Ryzen Processor.

-Yes, I have tried completely uninstalling PSE with Revo Uninstaller, and reinstalled to find I still have the problem.

-I open the file "PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe" via a pinned icon on my taskbar, in order to bypass the unnecessary welcome screen.

-I use Windows 11.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you installed any plugins?   With your system you should go from clicking on icon to start the editor to editing in about 6 seconds.

TRY THIS:  Hold down your left shift key THEN click o nthe icon used to start the editor- choose YES about disabling plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines