• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS Elements 21 cannot click open files ..they can only be opened by opening the PS elements first

New Here ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using PS elements 21 and up until a month ago was able to click on any  photo file to open it in the PS workspace and start editing it.

At the same time this problem started, I noticed I was no longer able to R click on photo files  to open  the options sub menu    (open with,  share, send to, delete etc etc etc options)

My Premel 21 works fine and  clicking any  video file opens the software immediately so pp work can start

The only way I now can  open a photo file is to open the PS program first .

Now clicking on any  photo file icon does not open the PS software, but instead returns me to my PCs desktop!

Photoshop is my PCs default program to open all photo files and Premel 21 is working fine

Any suggestion as to how to fix these frustratin problems>

default2qq1il9tkh8y_0-1622297997289.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you right click on a photofile, does Photoshop Elements v.21 show up in the context menu?

If not, you can add it as described here:

How to add any program to right click context menu (thegeekpage.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply

The problem is that the context menu does not open when I right click on a photo file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A quick google search results in many hits for this problem  Most of the posts deal with right clicking on the start menu. You may wish to investigate your issue via google. One post that I found deals with the mouse driver. Apparently WIN10 has a generic mouse driver, and the recommendation is to download an updated driver from the manufacturer of the mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. . .   You might also check to see what your default app for your photo files is, and if necessary change it.

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.05.29_16h46m34s_000_SnapCollage.png

1. Type default apps in the Task Bar search box
  2. Select Choose a default app for each type of file
  3. In the list of file types, look for jpeg and jpg or whatever raw files you are using and see what the default app is.  If it is not Elements, then click on the icon and a new dialog will open.
  4. Choose the Elements Editor from the list.

Changing the default app may toggle the registry to show a context menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the above suggestions do not pan out, here is another resource:

Contact us | Windows 10 Forums

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines