• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 15 Difficulty with Save in Version Set with Original

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PSE 15. I upgraded from 12. I upgraded to 2018 last night to see if it would correct the problem, but it didn't. I have Windows 10 64 bit. After editing my photos, I go to 'save as' and the 'save in version set with original' is grayed out. I used to be able to save this way. In the past, it would save as edited-1.jpg. I no longer have this option. After saving as a jpeg, I look in the organizer and there is no file saved as a jpeg. There is only an NEF file. If I look in my file explorer, I can see the jpeg save. However, it's not saved where I had indicated for it to be saved in my preferences. If I decide to open it back in the organizer, it opens the NEF file and appears as though it has never been edited. I have spent many hours trying to correct this problem, but haven't been able to figure it out. Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until  the last week or so I’ve been using PSE 14 exclusively. I just recently downloaded PSE 2018 to test it. In order to test 2018, I converted the 14 catalog to the 2018 format. When using PSE 14, I use the PSE 14 catalog exclusively. Similarly, when using 2018, I use the converted 2018 catalog.

After experiencing the version set problem in both 14 and 2018, I tried to correct both the PSE 14 and PSE 2018 catalogs using your suggestions earlier in this thread.  Unfortunate, none of the attempted fixes have worked.

I’m guessing  my problem may have started when I converted an earlier catalog to the PSE 14 format, but I no longer have the ability to revert to earlier PSE versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having a similar problem with PE18. I am using the Editor to edit my original jpeg files and save the edited version in a separate folder on my Mac.  Sometimes when I hit "Save As" it will automatically show up as a "_edited-1" version with the option to save in a version set.  I might go 7 or 8 photos like this and all of sudden it no longer adds the "_edited-1" suffix to the file, so I have to type this in manually in order to save it to my "JPEGs Edited" folder. Then just as mysteriously it starts saving as "_edited" versions again.  This seems to happen randomly. I have tried to figure out what makes it work sometimes but not others and there seems to be no rhyme nor reason to why it does this.  I had a similar problem with a much earlier version of PE and was hoping this problem had been solved by now, but apparently, it hasn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines