• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 15. Mouse pointer invisible in ORGANIZER. Is there a way to make it visible?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP PLEASE...Cannot use organizer without seeing the pointer. If I uninstall PSE will I loose all the images (hundreds) in organizer? Are they saved somewhere else? Pointer shows in Editor but not in Organizer.

TOPICS
How to , Organizer , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10  allows one to change the mouse pointer size & color, via settings. Try that. If it there is no visible change, suggest that you reset preferences. 

Go to Edit > Preferences (Mac: Photoshop Elements > Preferences > General), click the Reset Preferences on next launch button, and then click OK. When you restart Adobe Photoshop Elements, all preferences are reset to default settings.

Your picture files are not stored in the Organizer. They are on your disk whereveer you put them. The Organizer is an index/catalog.

If you are using a wireless mouse, be sure that the battery is well charged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Hatstead for the help.

So far in windows 10, I just modified pointer size & color. The change effected everything except Organizer. Sometimes in Organizer I can tell where the pointer is, But I cannot open FILE, EDIT etc. by pushing mouse buttons or enter. So I'm unable to get to preferences. I can do all that in Editor but not in Organizer. 

I have APE disc. Do you think I should uninstall & reinstall the program?

I have not looked for or backed up my photoes yet. THANKS again Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using the keyboard shortcut CTRL+K to open the Preferences window. Then you can use the Tab key to move the focus down to the "Restore Default Settings" button, then press "Enter".

Screenshot-000276.png

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Walter

Got into preferences using CNTL+K then pushed reset defaults button, then OK. Still no pointer.  Thanks Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANKS EVERYBODY PROBLEM SOLVED

Stumbled onto the solution at the link below

https://helpx.adobe.com/elements-organizer/kb/mouse-cursor-not-visible-or-menus-not-opening.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines