• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 15 Organiser controlled directories doesn't work in windows 11

New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed Photoshop Elements 15 on a Windows 11-PC.

At startup, no new media is selected from the controlled directories (with Windows 10 this works fine).

Is this windows 11 related?

System info from PSE15 shows Windows 10 as the name of the Operating system and 10.0 as the version.

Any help is appreciated.

Fons

TOPICS
Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the windows 10 system PSE14 is still installed and the task manager shows an  active process PhotoshopElementsFileAgent.exe, loaded from C:\Program Files\Adobe\Elements 14 Organizer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say a controlled directory, do you mean a Watched Folder?

It does not surprise me that Elements displays the OS as Win. 10, since Win 11 was not available when Elements 15 was last updated.

Personally, I have not yet updated to Win 11, so can't test whether watched folders should be working.   I think you are the first user to report this issue. The only thing I can suggest is to remove all folders from the watched list, and then select the watched folders again.  If that doesn't work, try resetting the preferences file. Immediately after launching the program, press Alt+Shift+Ctrl. A message should pop up asking if you want to delete the Settings file. Answer OK.  (I don't know whether this shortcut will work in Win 11.  If not, you will have to delete the preferences file manually.  See this article.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response.

I use a dutch version of PSE15 and my translation may be somehow confusing but indeed it concerns watched folders.

However, none of the proposed actions resolve my problem.

Any other ideas?

Regards,

Fons

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please give us a screenshot of your Watched Folders dialog.  Here is mine:

Snap_2022.06.08_12h6m45s_005.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines