PSE 18 w/NIK: NIK not always easily available?

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop Elements 18 with the original NIK Collection as an addon. My problem is that the NIK menu doesn't always show. It only shows when PSE is closed and I select to edit an image (that is in Faststone) in PSE from a Faststone dropdown menu (right click in Faststone>Edit with External Program). If I now close the image in PSE, NIK's menu disappears? When leaving PSE open and either choosing an image to edit from PSE>Open or from Faststone>Edit with External Program, the image opens in PSE, but there is no NIK menu? Now the kicker: In all cases when NIK's menu doesn't appear, clicking File>Automated Tools>NIK Collection Selective Tools apparently does nothing to show the NIK menu??? However, even though, under the above conditions, I can't get to the NIK menu directly, I can go to Filter>NIK>which then allows for selection of a specific NIK tool...but this is a PITA as I have to keep going to Filter>NIK for each specific tool? Basically and bottom line: I'd like to always have the full NIK menu showing, and if not, I'd like to have the full NIK menu always available through File>Automated Tools>NIK Collection Selective Tools.

I know that this request is somewhat complicated. So, please feel free to ask me to clarify if needs be.  Thanks.

TOPICS
Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?