• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE '19 on Mojave Has Spinning Wheel on EVERY Action

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed Photoshop Elements 2019 on Mac OS Mojave and now every action in Photoshop Elements 2019 Editor has a several second delay with the spinning color wheel. I see lots of similar complains on this forum. Has anyone received any help from Adobe to investigate or fix this problem? Anyone have any solutions?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Hi jameslarus,

Thanks for posting in Adobe forums.

It seems you are facing issue with spinning wheel in Adobe Photoshop Elements after upgrading Mac OS.

Could you please try the following steps :

• Click Apple icon >> System Preferences

• Security and privacy >> Click on the lock to unlock it then enter the administrator password >> Enable (check the radio button) the Photoshop Elements 2019 editor and Elements Organizer 2019 that appear in the list.

• Click on the lock again to lock it.

• Restart Mac

H

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 107 Replies 107
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Macbook Pro Early 2015. No, I'm not having this issue with other apps. Just PSE. After I Force Quit it will work for a few hours and then the spinning beach ball starts again. And I have to Force Quit, thus having to reload my photo bin, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem too. I just bought a new 15 inch MacBook Pro, so fresh installs of both Mojave and PSE 2019. Also with fairly recent MacBook Pro refresh, it's not slow hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to purchase PSE '19 until I know if it will work with Mojave or not; the trial version gets the spinning wheel & error msgs. Has the issue been resolved without having to reprogram libraries on my Mac - I'm not willing to crash my laptop for one program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I did delete the Adobe crash files in the ~/Library and then closed out of everything & restarted my computer; so far seems to be working fine with no spinning wheel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do you clear the crash report .. willing to try to eliminate the ball

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a work around for me, and maybe this will help others that are having issues. If I closed the Elements Organizer, the twirling color wheels stops happening.  I'll admit I haven't done a full, lengthy test yet, but I have spent about 20 minuets editing a photo and its worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never used the Elements Organizer so this won't work for me. Thanks for sharing though.. perhaps someone can benefit. This is an atrocity. Absolutely ridiculous. I was using PSE 2018 and bought 2019 just because of this issue and thought that might fix it. So now I am out $89 and 2019 is no better than 2018 in regards to this issue and actually is a waste of money anyway .. I haven't seen any improvements in general with 2019. I am not a happy camper right now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gandus- I found your November 1 suggestion of closing the Elements Organizer while I use the Editor to work on a photo is working for me also. It is an annoyance to have to take these extra steps to work around a bug in Adobe's PSE 2019 software, but at least I am able to edit my photos again. Thank you for your workaround solution!

Adobe- You need to fix this very annoying bug in your software and provide that update to all of us who purchased PSE 2019 and are using it on Apple's Mojave operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for this suggestion it works but had taken me two days of reading and fiddling.  I just hope that they sort it out soon and have a way of informing all users. In an upgrade.

I'm on Elements 15 and don't really what to change as it works for me.

Thanks

Hary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest staying on Elements 2015 for now if the "close the Organizer while using the Editor" workaround works for you. I was happy with Elements 2015 until I upgraded my Mac OS to Mojave 10.14, and the spinning pinwheel problem started. Adobe told me I needed to upgrade to Elements 2019 to run on Mojave. So I did, and it did not solve the problem. After trying several suggested fixes, I still have to do this clumsy workaround in order to edit photos. I have not seen any significant advantages of PSE 2019 over PSE 2015 for how I use it, and it still doesn't run properly on Mojave. Complete waste of money for me to upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I agree with you and will not be upgrading. Keep using as you have suggested. Using the photo bin for a number of photos

works for me as well.

Regards Harry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes closing the Organizer while editing does the job for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me for a very short time and then I was back to the spinning ball.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://support.apple.com/kb/HT203538 Hi I am getting bit confused by the sequence of this discussion. Anyway, above is the link which seems to have got lost on first send to change permissions in the MAC terminal utility. But you might be better getting Apple to walk you through this. Its a bit techy unless you are confident with such stuff. I have been ok for a couple of days now. Ps another thing that that can cause a long delay with the Organiser is, by default, it auto analyses your photos, which can take a long long time and slow things down if you  have a big catalogue. You can stop this in preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Update.... as well above change re Privacy, Apple has now told me you need changes to the Terminal Utility. This is explained below, or get Apple to do it for you, as I didi. Been OK for couple of days. https://support.apple.com/kb/HT203538

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And Adobe say it will all be fixed in next update promised within 1-2 months Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris

tried it on my macbook 2015 with mojave and it all now works fine, thanks for the post. 2017 Elements was a disaster brush tools all froze, unusable binned it. 2018 sluggish, 2019 not right either this Apple fix seems to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great news. Let’s hope it stays good

Would be interested to hear if it’s working, from

other people

If it looks good wonder if there’s a way to

let others know. I am sure there are many

suffering who don’t use the forums

Chris

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris

One thing I found that speeded up my macbook considerably, was to remove Sophos Antivirus software. I did not realise how much this software slowed the machine down when running a heavier program like Elements. You would not notice it with emails browsing etc.

The browser in Elements has become cumbersome with all this media analysing software. Tip when installing Elements for first time I always disconnect external drives with Data on, otherwise it starts trying to build a massive media database of all faces etc. When you have 13,000 images mainly studio portraits (as I have) the macbook goes into overdrive getting very hot and the fan roaring to keep up with it.

Hit CMD+K for preferences in browser and turn off all media analysis, (it's on the last page) + facial recognition to avoid this, when setting up.

Hope this helps others as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Apart from when it hangs previewing

videos performance is ok. I always switch

auto analyse off. This can be done in preferences

I am mainly doing videos so not too many

faced

Chris

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the Catalog size when you all are seeing the hang. Are you seeing the problem with small catalog size too? Is this issue on both PSE Editor and EO?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Large (?) catalog: 60K+ photos

Don't have a small catalog.

But, the hang occurs in the editor, so I don't see the connection to the size of the catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not using EO, working exclusively with copies from Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what "catalog size" is but I am using PSE 2019 in the same way I have used for many years with previous versions. Someone needs to take responsibility for this serious issue and FIX IT already. You have no idea how much production time this has caused me to lose, not to mention the frustration of having to Force Quit and start all over with gathering photos.

I suggest that those in this group start a Class Action on this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@djayatadobe

Is Adobe going to fix this problem? It is clearly a major issue for a number of people that make your products unusable on the latest MacOS. At this point, I am pretty much fed up with a lack of a response from Adobe and will investigate getting a refund for my purchases and find another program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines