Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 2018: Fail to import from iPhone 7: Organizer Photo Downloader on Mac

Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folks

I had this issue with Elements 15.  I upgraded to 2018 assuming such a basic issue would be fixed. But it's not.

I can't import photos from my iPhone 7 plus on Mac (High Sierra).   The Mac has 16GB and 250 GB free disk space. The issue doesn't seem to be quite so bad on Elements 2018 Organizer as it will sometimes work for a small number of files, but worse in that it never deletes any photos when I say "delete originals" after download complete.  I did report this issue on a thread in this forum a year or two back, I guess that doesn't help issues get fixed

Does anyone have any suggestions/advice?

This really is unacceptable for such a basic function of PSE.

HERE IS A MESSAGE TO ADOBE STAFF - IN PARTICULAR THEIR PRODUCT MANAGERS AND ENGINEERING MANAGERS.  THERE IS NO POINT IN WORKING ON ALL THOSE INTERESTING ADVANCED FEATURES IF THE BASIC PHOTO IMPORT FUNCTIONS DON'T WORK. THE SOFTWARE IS USELESS IF IT CAN'T IMPORT PHOTOS. AND THE FACT THAT THIS ISSUE IS IN ELEMENTS 15 AND NOW IN PSE 2018, IT SHOWS BASIC FEATURES ARE NOT BEING TESTED.  PLEASE ADVISE.

Many thanks

Stephen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's really unacceptable that this issue remains since Elements 2015.  You can see my Amazon one star review at Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018 & Premiere Elements 2018 | Upgrade | PC/Mac | Disc: Amazon.co.uk: Soft...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not talking to Adobe staff here, it's a user to user forum, yelling does not help.

Among those users there are Mac and Windows users.

As a Windows user, I find your complaint rather amusing .

Apple has always taken great care to protect its contents and  to act as if all your precious data were in an hyperprotected vault. That was true for iPhoto, that's still true for Photos... Don't expect Adobe to break the Apple locks! The solution is to be found in your Mac and I sincerly hope other Mac users will help you there.

The general safety rule is to avoid programs to 'speak together'. You have separate softwares... and you have common, shared data or media files.

- You use the Mac features to transfer your photos to your disk. Then you import from 'files and folders'

- You use a card reader and you let the Adobe downloader do its job.

- If you can't delete from your card after importing, consider deleting all its contents after importing and backing up before a new shooting session.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you trust the computer, you can import your photos.

>> About the 'Trust This Computer' alert on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Kind regards

ml3550

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a problem with Apple IOS as much as PSE and lots of us have experienced this (for every version of PSE).  Your best option is to forget about PSE to download IOS content - I use syncios instead - free software and also keeps the right date/times on the photots. might be fixed in a future version of IOS and/or PSE but I would not be holding my breath.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines