• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 2018 photo downloader plug-in does not load

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly, today my Photoshop Elements 2018 could not download pictures from my Nikon camera. When I click: Get Photos and Videos -> From Camera or Card Reader, I get this error message from Adobe Photo Downloader: "Cannot load the Plug-in Modules needed..." 

I am on Windows 10. The PSE version is 16.0, and I have tried replacing the Camera Raw module with the latest 10.5 version. No luck. Should I reinstall PSE 2018? If so, will anything be lost (thumbnails, tags, albums, settings, ...)? Anything else worth trying first? 

TOPICS
Import and export , Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you try to install the 10.5 ACR?  Although there is a workaround to update the ACR (found here), if you did not use that method, you cannot simply install the Adobe ACR plug-in from the Adobe site.  I think your best bet is to uninstall/reinstall the program.  You will not lose anything from your Organizer database.  (But you should always have a backup of your catalog.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I should add that the only other thing to try would be to reset the preferences file.  Immediately after launching the Organizer, press Alt+Shift+Ctrl. A message should pop up asking if you want to delete the Settings file. Answer OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines