• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 2019 Building Content and Effects

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I start PSE 2019 it sits there for a few minutes with a progress bar while it 'Builds Content and Effects' - twice.

I wish I could say when it started but apart from 'recently', I can't. I've failed to find a recent mention of this and certainly not a relieble cure so, please, does anyone here know what I need to do?

This is on a recent PC running W10 Pro x64 1909.

TOPICS
Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The media database sometimes gets corrupted. Quit Elements and delete it. On Windows launch the run dialog by holding down the windows key and pressing R on the keyboard.

Type into the box: %programdata% and hit return. Then navigate the following path.

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\17.0\Locale\en_US

Inside the folder en-US (or your own local if different) delete the following file:

MediaDatabase.db3

Close the Explorer window.

Re-start Elements and wait for content & effects to completely rebuild. It may take a while, so wait for the progress bar to finish. Hopefully when you launch Elements in future you won’t see it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. When I started looking at the files I realised that, although not correct,  you were close enough to let me find the problem. What had actually happened is that something had corrupted the whole 17.0 tree. All the locales other than en_US had gone and that had been renamed to en_USupsell_pods! According to the file dates this happened on 11th January at 11:59. I didn't know what other damage might have been done so I renamed 17.0 and imported the version from the previous full backup (28th December) and PSE now seems to be working correctly. File Explorer shows a number of other files that were changed around that time (mainly Adobe & Nvidia). Avast AV & Malwarebytes haven't spotted anything but I think a reboot into safe mode and a good scan would be prudent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the 'en_USupsell_pods' folder issue too.

In my case I renamed the folder to just 'en_US' and then opened PS Elements again.

It went through the 'building content and effects' process one more time, but after that it hasn't appeared again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines