Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 2020 and Mac Big Sur

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I can't see any recent posts about this. Just wondered if anyone had updated to Mac OS Big Sur and could confirm whether PSE 2020 still works?

I can see from the publicity blurb that PSE 2021 is compatible (but then they would want people to upgrade - again!), but no reference on their site to the 2020 version compatability.

TOPICS
Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/macos-big-sur.html

Not many Apple users here, so, the usual:

"Be the first to try and comment..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thanks. Yes, I didnt find that page particularly helpful... they clearly want us to upgrade to the 2021 version so they don't actually say that 2020 is not compatible. It's annoying that something that was until very recently the most up to date version, is not supported. Beginning to question whether to keep shelling out money on upgrades for this product when they seem to be supported for so little time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, in an other Elements forum, I ran a poll about which platform was used by Elements users: as reported in external surveys, it appeared that 80% did use Windows vs 20% Macs (worldwide, probably not true in your region and Adobe will never confirm). Not everything is bright in the Windows world either, for instance there was yesterday a discussion here about "which older PSE version can work on Win 10" which showed that unfortunately PSE2 (August 2002) will no longer work, whereas PSE6 (2008) is still working.

So, please forgive me to smile a little when Mac users are eager to "shell out money" (which most Win users can't afford) on Apple hardware and don't want to do that on software that Apple makes obsolete after one year.

I am all for keeping the updating and innovation for both platforms, but it seems that today the cost of maintenance and development is not "équitable" as we say here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem, Michel, is that shelling out for Apple hardware is a one-off capital expense for most of us whereas shelling out to software companies for patches to keep up with Apple's free upgrades is a steady, revenue expense.   Having funds for a capital expense does not mean  one can afford to budget for continued re-purchase of more up to date product licemnces/applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's your problem. Not mine with Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a helpful answer, MBP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not a helpful answer, MBP.

By @johnd70391970

John,

Indeed, your answer to my answer to sallym is correct, but not helpful either.

Please, remember that I took the risk to be the only one to provide a link about the original question even if I am not concerned with Apple. That's something I should avoid in the future...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines