• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 2020 cannot rotate HEIC images; it converges them to JPEG, PNG, TIFF or Photoshop 1 layer file

Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to PSE2020 I can now import also HEIC images, but when trying to rotate the portrait files, a pop-up window appears:

Elements2020 rotation problem.jpg

It saves the rotated image and keeps the landscape image as well.
Besides losing the high efficiency storage mode, I also have now two files of which one is useless and needs to be deleted. 

So until Elements can edit HEIC images (display mode setting) there should be a checkbox to allow Elements to delete the HEIC wrongly displayed file together with rotating and writing in one of the optional formats, so that one can rotate multiple HEIC images with one click.

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , Import and export , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is still not fixed in Elements 2021. How crazy that Adobe Elements cannot rotate an HEIC file? It's hard for me to believe they leave this broken when modern phones take photos in HEIC by default now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines