• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 2020 eyedropper tool picks up wrong color

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many questions about the eyedropper not picking up the right color, but usually the response is to (1) select the layer choice (all or current) and (2) have a point sample. These have no effect on my issue: all colors picked are way off from the actual color.

As an example, when I use the eyedropper and hover over a white space on my computer screen, the color given is some random color depending upon where the eyedropper is located. I have included a screen shot showing PSE with an image, color picker, and the eyeropper positioned over the white background of this page where I am entering this post. Yet the color is given as 3c3f29.

Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 12.30.58 PM.png

The eyedropper has been acting this way ever since I updated to PSE 2020.

TOPICS
Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. I don't comprehend your post entirely. When you open a colored picture file, the eyedropper tool should pick up a point sample of the area that you are targeting,  For example, let's assume that you have a picture of a football player in a blue jersey with white numbers, against a gray background. If you point to the background, the  color picker should read something like bdbdbd (gray foreground color.)  I gather that you are tageting a source point outside the work area of PSE. Please clarify.

2. Have a look at Image menu>mode and be sure that RGB color is checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines