• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 2020 GPS Metadata not imported to Organizer from geotagged files

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to PSE 2020 to use the geotagging. I am expriencing that the GPS Data available from smartphone pictures, visible in Windows Explorer and the data information in the Photoshop Editor is not available in the Organizer, therefore the automatic geotagging (my reason for upgrading :-() is not functioning. I tested importing with and without Metadata in the importing dialogue. Interestingly sporadically 5 out of 66 files I imported have the GPS Data in the Organizer, but there seems to be no pattern as to why it worked with these 5 out of 66. Smartphone Huawei P20.

Anyone else experiencing this. I could just recognize from other posts, that GPS seems to have some bugs in Adobe? Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep, me also . I have imported photos taken on my Nikon 9700 camera and smartphone. only a few of the pictures include the gps data. I import them into Nikon View nx that has mapping and it is all there . I also see it in windows photo organizer and it is all there as well. must me a bug in adobe organizer. I first noticed this with elements 2014. upgraded to 2021 and hoped that this was fixed but it wasn't . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This ia my complaint too.  Why can't it set at least the country and state from the GPS data?  City would be nice too, but that may require some "guessing" on its part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines