• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 2020 Organiser problem

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have a problem with Elements Organiser which causes it to show all my files as being "unable to find" after it has been open for a while, sometimes 15 minutes, sometimes 20 minutes, and sometimes longer or shorter periods.
Sorry this is a longish post and I will try to explain what actually happens. Elements 2020 (version 18), Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7, 27" 2019 model with 24GB RAM.
I open the Organiser and in My Folders choose firstly the Pictures Folder and then My PSE Photos, I named it this, by clicking on the + sign next to it,and then open whichever subfolder I want to work on or view.Also under My Folders are the following : Movies, Macintosh HD, Crucial X8, Seagate Backup Plus Drive, Time Machine, and Offline Media.
Okay so far but then after a period of time, a new folder apperas under My Folders, named Macintosh HD@snap-2350611 and although my photos remain on the screen and I can still work on them, My PSE Photos folder can now only be accessed by going into this "new folder" and clicking on Users, then my name, then Pictures, and then My PSE Photos folder again.
Finally after an unset period of time that "new folder" disappears too and is replaced my a second Macintosh HD folder! I can only then access My PSE Photos folder by going into this second "new folder" and going through the Users, my name , My PSE Photos rigmarole again only to find that all the photos have a question mark on them and I can only start working on them again by closing Organiser and the re-opening it.
Now do you think the problem lies with PSE 2020 or my Mac? By the way my PSE 2020 was an upgrade from PSE 2018 a couple of years ago, which was an upgrade from PSE 15.
Any help or advice would be very warmly accepted and TIA.
TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, I know nothing about Macs.  And I do not recall seeing any Mac user describing anything similar to you.  From your detailed description, it seems to me that your OS and/or your backup software is creating some temporary folders and assigning your catalog files to those missing folders without Elements becoming aware of them.  Hence, Elements thinks that the files are missing.  So, IMO, it is a Mac issue, not an Adobe one. You have probably figured that out yourself.  Frankly, I can't offer you any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply and yes I think it's a Mac problem too and I might look at some Mac help forums for advice. Thanks again Greg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to let you know I think I have solved the problem by disconnected my Seagate Backup Plus Drive external HDD and everything seems ok now. I'm still externally backing up to the Crucial X8 SDD. After a bit of "detective work" I did suspect what the cause was so fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines