• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 2020 Organizer Crashed!

Advocate ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running PSE 2020 on a Windows 10 PC (ver 21H1). My PC has an Intel i9-9900K CPU, 32 GB mem, 512 GB SSD C:drive, 2 TB HDD D:drive, and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics card. My C:drive has 300 GB free and D:drive has 1.2 TB free. Windows 10 and the NVIDIA graphics card are both fully up-to-date.

I was attempting to import about a dozen TIF images into my Organizer. The Organizer crashed during the import and shut down. After this crash, the Organizer crashes every time I try to reopen it.

The TIF files were not that large - about 6000 px X 6000 px. There were two that were larger - about 10000 px X 10000 px. I had previously used the registry hack to increase the Organizer's MaxImageSize to 300 Megapixels (314,572,800). This registry hack was working and allowed me to have a few images that were about 11000 x 13000 px without the "broken" icon in the grid display.

I can open these TIF files in the PSE Editor and I can view them with the Windows Picture Viewer with NO problems. But the Organizer crashed while trying to import them and now it seems to be permanently broken.

Is there a way to recover from this without deleting the Catalog and importing all of my about 13,000 photos again?

Thanks for your help!

--
Walter in Davie, FL
TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Walter, are you getting any error messages when you launch the Organizer?  Try launching with the Shift key. That should open the catalog manager. You can first try to launch the catalog. If that doesn't work, you can try to repair and optimize the catalog. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Walter, are you getting any error messages when you launch the Organizer?  Try launching with the Shift key. That should open the catalog manager. You can first try to launch the catalog. If that doesn't work, you can try to repair and optimize the catalog. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Greg,

There were NO error messages, just the Windows Crash message.

I was able to open the Catalog Manager using your tip and repair the catalog. After the repair, I tried the import again, and it crashed again. I did another repair and decided to trash the TIFs that were causing this problem. They must have been corrupted in some way. My Organizer is working fine now.

Thanks for your help!

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines