• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 2020 Photo Editor Requires Serial Number Every. SIngle. Time.

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Photoshop Elements 2020 software. (Not just a 30 day trial.) When I launch the photo editor, I am prompted to "license this software" by typing in the serial number. When I do so, I am able to use the editor. Why do I have to do this every single time I launch the editor? This wasn't the case with PS 2018.

TOPICS
Download and install , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should not be the case with 2020 either.  What OS are you using?  Try seeing if any of the solutions in this article help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows 10. My laptop is brand-new, so I think it may be trying to launch the 30 day free trial. I will look up how to stop the trial from launching, so the system goes right to my purchased/licensed software. If that doesn't work, I will try the suggestions in your link to update permissions.

Thank you!

Update: Nothing seems to be working. I will suck it up for the rest of the 30 days and hope it goes away after that time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem. Seriously?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem with PSE 19  2021 .  My desk-top version of PSE (19) 2021 is now requiring me to sign-in to my Adobe account to open the program.  If I log-out, and re-start the program, I have to re-inter the activation license key and then log-in again to activate the program.  I can’t work “off-line” with this product that I own.  (The same issue is now present in my LR 6.14 program).   I don’t use the Adobe cloud for storage or any application.  PSE wasn’t like this earlier.  Why has this program changed?  How can we reach Adobe for help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@RT Davis, you can start a chat session by clicking on the blue Contact Us button under the Support menu at Adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines