PSE 2020 still not seeing my iPhone 12 photos

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on suggestions I saw in other posts, I installed the HEIC and HEVC extensions, and I changed my iPhone setting to most compatible, which I believe will only affect future photos.  I also removed the folders and files under Adobe Common.

I am trying to import photos from my iPhone 12 into PSE 2020 using Get Photos & Videos from Camera or Card Reader.  It is only finding 5 recent JPGs.  (I don't know why it is even seeing these since I didn't change any settings until tonight.)  There are about 400 images on the phone that I'm trying to upload.  

Did I miss a step?  Thanks in advance!

Carol

TOPICS
Import and export , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say you changed the settings on your phone to most compatible, do you mean the format for shooting, or the format for transfering to PC.  They are different.

Are you sure that the other photos have not been transferred already to your catalog?

Have you rebooted since adding the Microsoft extensions?

Added: And were the photos possibly taken in the ProRaw format?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Greg!

I changed the format for future shooting to Most Compatible. The "Transfer to Mac or PC" setting was already set to automatic. I got the iPhone 12 in mid-May of last year, and all the images taken since then are only on the phone, not in the catalog. The most recent image in the catalog is from 5/14/21, the day I got the phone.

I did some cleanup on iCloud last night and removed a bunch of images that I really didn't need, so now I have about 225 photos to be imported from the new phone. To be honest, I don't know whether I had rebooted my laptop at the time I wrote the above message.
Here's where it stands now:

- Installed the HEIF and HEVC extensions

- Changed the camera capture to Most Compatible

- Checked the Photos / Transfer to Mac or PC and it is set to automatic

- I just now closed PSE 2020 and once again removed all the folders and files under Appdata\Adobe\Common

- Rebooted the computer and reopened PSE, and it still only sees the 5 files.

- Oh, and I assume all the photos are regular jpgs.  I didn't change any camera settings on the phone when I got it, and I don't see the file extension listed on either my iPhone photo information or on iCloud.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My final suggestions are:

•  Try resetting the preferences file. Go to Edit>Preferences>General tab and click the Reset Preferences on next launch button. 
  • If that doesn't work, uninstall and reinstall the program.
  • If those suggestions don't work, contact Adobe Support.  You can start a chat session by clicking on the blue Contact Us button under the Support menu at Adobe.com. Or you can contact Support by telephone using the numbers listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll give your suggestions a try.  Thanks for your help, Greg!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@flame1 can you let us know which specific solution worked for you.   Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg!  I'll be happy to, but it isn't resolved yet.  Resetting the preferences didn't solve it, so I uninstalled and reinstalled.  Unfortunately, it wiped out my catalog, so I contacted support.  To make a long story short, I didn't have a current catalog backup.  I do have one from PSE 15, that support said I could use, but in the meantime, I had a family emergency and haven't been able to work on this for the last week.  I will update as soon as I can if this discussion isn't closed before then.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@flame1, sorry, but somebody marked my response as correct.  I thought it was you.  Since your problem is not resolved, I am unmarking my reply.

As for the uninstall/reinstall wiping out your catalog, that should not happen under any circumstances.  Let us know if you need help getting to the bottom of that problem when you are able.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines