Exit

PSE 2020

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need some help with Photoshop Elemnts 2020. I've used it for several years
with no problems. Recntly my computer crashed and I had to buy another one
and a Geek squader transferred evrything apps, data, photos, you name it.

However PSE wont work unlesss I "sign in" Why is that? I "bought" the program
in a box several years ago isn't it mine? No other app requires me to Sign In!
I'm begining to think Google has a hand in this for for some reason, they
upload my photos too.

Anyway I don't recall my ADOBE (ID) and have spent hours trying to find out
what it is but navigating the instructions is impossible for me. I
have the serial number and something called Redeemer, but that doesn't help either.

So what so do I do? I still have the installer disc. Could I uninstall and reinstall?

[Personal information removed by moderator]

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 15, 2023 Apr 15, 2023

Actually my wife solved the problem. We remembered she made the purchase. So she added herself  as a user since she had the original Adobe ID. All is well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to sign in to activate your license on a new computer.  Your sign in identity will be the email address you used to register the program when you first installed it. If you don't remember your password, there must be a link to reset it.  If you are still having problems, try contacting Elements support. You can start a chat session by clicking on the blue Contact Us button under the Help & Support menu at Adobe.com. Or you can contact Support by telephone using the numbers listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html. Hours of operation outside of the United States are limited. See the phone link for details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but to change the password I first have to type the current password which I don't know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be happy to change it once and do it again but obviously I can't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a Geek squader transferred evrything apps, data, photos, you name it.

By @Kent24033696b4f2

If they "transferred" it rather than doing a proper installation, that may be your issue.

Adobe programs may not work if not properly installed.

If you have the original installation file and serial number, then uninstall it and reinstall it.  You shouldn't need to sign in to your Adobe account to do that. Go to Help > sign in from the Editor menu and enter your serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As @Peru Bob says, you cannot simply copy the program files from one drive to another, which is probably what the Geek Squad did.  So, do as Bob says, and reinstall the program from the installer disc.  If there is in fact an entry in Control Panel for your Elements version, try to uninstall it before the new installation. 

At some point in the installation process, you will be asked to sign into your Adobe account.  You must do this even before you are required to enter the serial number.  That way, Adobe will know if your serial number is associated with your registered account.  And, if you open the Organizer first, there is no need to enter a serial number.   But you do have to sign in.

Your Adobe ID is connected to an email address or your social media accounts if you used that method.  Do you remember which one(s) you may have used to register the product?  If so, you will be given an opportunity to reset the password via a link that will be sent to your Adobe ID email address.  If you no longer have access to the email address, there are other ways to retrieve it.  See this article for more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2023 Apr 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually my wife solved the problem. We remembered she made the purchase. So she added herself  as a user since she had the original Adobe ID. All is well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines