• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 2021 and 2022 Constantly Crashing

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At one time, PSE used to be my goto program.  After suffering through constant crashes with first 2021 and now 2022, I give up.  I cannot even open a single image without the program locking up.  I am running macOS Big Sur, Version 11.6 on an iMac (5k, 2017) with 3.8 GHz quad-core and 40 GB of memory.  I have deleted and reinstalled multiple times, but the crashing remains.  Today I had to restart the program 7 times just to get on image processed. Am I missing something here?  Has Adobe just turned to pure crud on this program or is there some known issue where it no longer works with apple computers?  I give up and am hoping someone can recommend an alternative program.  I used to recommend this to my photography students, but I can no longer recommend such crud.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Mac , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please try a clean re-install of the application?

You can refer to this article for help - https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/crash-on-launch-.html

Please let us know if this works for you.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had problems opening PSE with OS Monterey.  I followed your link and so far so good. 

Thanks for the post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that didn't last.   I closed it then tried to open it just now and it's saying "application not responding"!!

Now what can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jag köpte Phothshop Element i januari 2021. När jaf örsöker uppgradera det laddar den bara ner till 6 %.

Jag har försökt att följa de instructioner jag fått i meddelandet, men hjälper inte.

Jag har använt Photoshop i 15 år utan problem, vad är det de skickar på mig. Kan fortfarande i nov inte komma in i det efersom det kommer upp ett nytt fönster att jag har en gratis uppdatering. men den stoppar ju vid 6 %

Har Windows 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dessverre kan det hende du må installere Windows 10 på nytt. Det kan være et installasjonsproblem med 11.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install-discussions/photoshop-elements-2021-will-not-install...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning all.  After suffering through several days of Monterey (and the constant crashes of both Photoshop Elements 2021 and 2022), I made the decision to completely wipe my system (iMac 5k Retina, 27-inch, 2017 3.8 Ghz Intel with 40 GB).  I initially downgraded to Catelina (iOS 10.15) but discovered that Final Cut Pro X will not install on that earlier system.  I then upped to Big Sur (iOS 11.6) and both FCPx and PSE 2022 seem to be running without issue.  Granted, a full clean install and wiping the hard drive is a pretty drastic move, but nothing else seemed to be working.  I would, as a result of this painful exercise, strongly caution anyone using PSE 2021 or 2022 on a Mac to NOT install Monterey.  Not only is that OS just about the worst, most buggy system I have ever encountered, but it will not work with PSE.  Technical support staff from Adobe have directly confirmed with me that they are not focusing on creating a fix to patch 2021 into Monterey, but instead are working to get PSE 2022 working with Monterey.  I hope that this helps others!  Cheers all!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on a Windows 11 system with Elements 2022.  I have done multiple uninstalls and reinstalls. It still crashes on almost every use. Everything is up to date. As a longtime Elements user, I hate to leave but, I can't take it anymore.  I will abandon Adobe for a competitor since Adobe has not fixed the problem and doesn't seem to care much about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree

The troubleshooter takes ages to do al of the steps, then iit does not woirk.

I have wasted 40+ hours trying to get PSE to work - still crashes 30 seconds after loading

(Windows 11)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have intermitant crashes and does seem to repair after a restart on Win 11.  My thought - I never uninstallled PSE 2022 after 2023 seemed to be working fine.   Has anyone seen this issue with the editor?

H Barrison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines