Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

PSE 2021 and Mac M1

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PSE 2021 installed on a M1 Mac. The PSE itself runs fine, but the Elements Organizer does not. It is super laggy, even with just a few entries in the catalog. It also frequently crashes. I know it is technically not supported, but neither is PSE 2022 really, so I don't want to upgrade until/if PSE is available in native M1. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Organizer , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am waiting for Elements to be NATIVELY supported in Apple M1 or M2 BEFORE I spend any more on Photoshop. I have two licenses ( 2016 and 2019 ). The 2019 declines to even install in MONTEREY, (my iMac’s OS which is fully up to date) which has been superseded by APPLE but I have not installed it yet. With 2019 not even installable on my iMAC with 24 gigs of RAM, I don’t think it a good idea to allow any more spending with Adobe for photoshop elements if you have a Mac with Intel chip. ( Or any Apple Mac with M1 or M2 Chips )

Regards,

Louis and Nancy Tognan

Tognans@Outlook.com

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I totally agree. I don't plan to upgrade until/if PSE is ever natively supported on M1. But... I would like to continue to use 2021 PSE as it works okay, but I would really like to find a solution for my 2021 Organizer issues. Thanks for posting.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines