• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 2021 does not work on MacOS 12.2.1

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only use PSE 2021 once then I need to restart my laptop to use it again. I have checked in activity monitor and it is not running when I try to launch it the second time. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, launching it from the applications directory etc. And it makes no difference. I am running MacOS Monteray 12.2.1.

When I quit PSE 2021 it freezes and you can see 2 instances not responding in force quit. When you force quit 1 instance both instances disappear.

This really isn't good enough I have only had the package less than 6 months and now it is unusable.

TOPICS
Bug , Crash or freeze , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Matt235823404tv8,

Please follow the instructions mentioned in this article and let us know if this works for you.

Photoshop Elements crashes on launch after macOS 12.3 update. (adobe.com)

Regards,

Medha Sharma 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have nearly the same problem and I have the same version of PSE and MacOS, not updated to the last MacOS 12.3 but stil running MacOS 12.2.1

Often as I click on the icon for PSE 2021 Edito it just jumps upp and down on the screen, as I look in the Apple icon I can see that it don't answer.

Your solution is for MacOS 12.3 I have tried to folow the instructions but in MacOS 12.2.1 it dos not seems that I have the map you refer to /applications/adobe Photoshop Elements 2021/support Files/Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor.app/Contents/MacOs

Is it an map that shuld appear after update to MacOS 12.3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have solved the problem. I phoned my son, he is the familys Mac expert, an he told me how I could find these maps. So I have changed the name on the sniffer file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Hans-Peter1,

I hope you're now able to launch the application successfully without running into any issues.

Regards,

Medha Sharma 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes!

Thank you now it works just as it supposed to do.

Hans-Peter Stülten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines