• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 2021 extremely slow upon launch

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded from Elements 2014 to the latest version.  When I open a new file to edit, I cannot perform any functions for a fully minute.  After that, everything works fine however.  I never encountered this issue with previous versions of PS Elements before.  It it because this version is now cloud based?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me too. I disconnected ethernet (myaccess to internet) and presto no more lag time for menus to work. Thanks for the tip. At least now I know what the issue is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone for contributing to this thread and hopefully finding the cause.

So, now, @cary5FD2, I have to ask whether you are one of the "lucky" ones who has Save to Cloud enabled in the Editor?  If you don't know what I am talking about, see this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cary,

Glad you've found the source of the problem 🙂

I suggested removing your network cable a little while ago because of remembering someone previously having an issue with a NAS device.

What would be a great step to do next is connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi instead, and see if the problem reappears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just another thought...

You said earlier that:

"I probably should have stated at the beginning that I began have this issue with my older version of PSE 14.  It had run perfectly for several years until this new issue cropped up.  I had hoped that installing a new version of PSE would resolve the problem."

This kind of rules out the theory that the Creative Cloud desktop app is behind your problem as that was only installed as part of the newer installation.

That makes me wonder if you have a installed a new router, or maybe a new network or firewall configuration recently (but while you were still using Photoshop Elements 14). As you don't appear to be using the Photoshop Elements Organizer, it could be that by starting up the Photoshop Elements Editor, this is the only time that Photoshop Elements will check whether there any updates, and for some reason that is causing the software to "freeze".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I had the same issue with Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021.

After starting the program, the menu buttons are disabled for a minute.

Then i found that a wireless printer  connection was the problem.

Apparently the program keeps searching for this printer at startup.

So deleted this printer in the configuration panel of windows and the program starts normaly !

Greetings,

Vincent 
The Netherlands

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@vincent1974, thanks for pointing out that potential problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cary5FD2, I have had the identical issues you reported, and found the same solution of sorts, i.e., disconnect from the internet.  In my case, I simply turned off my WiFi, and then the prograj boots and opens up without any lag.  As soon as I get back on the WiFi, it again takes about 50 seconds before it starts operating normally.  I disabled a couple of services in my startup menu, but that that had no effect.  There are a couple more Adobe processes that begin at startup that I will fiddle with and see if there is any effect,  But it appears to be something related to cloud.

Thanks for starting this thread.  BTW, I am usinf a brand newwindows laptop.  I have an Elements 2021 installed on my office computer using windows 10, and have had no such problems.

I recently upgraded from Elements 2014 to the latest version.  When I open a new file to edit, I cannot perform any functions for a fully minute.  After that, everything works fine however.  I never encountered this issue with previous versions of PS Elements before.  It it because this version is now cloud based?

By @cary5FD2

By @cary5FD2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mtoohill, thanks for reporting your solution.  It looks like this thread is only reporting problems with Elements 2021.  I don't know whether it has been fixed in later versions but I will keep this discussion in mind should anyone report it for a different version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One final comment.  I read the post about the wireless printer, how deleting it solved the problem.  Long story short, I set MS PDF printer as my default printer, and voila, nowPSE starts normally.  So there must be something in theprogram that looks for printers, and the MS PDF printer is right there, so to speak.  I don't know if that makes sense, but it works. Also, once in PSE, you can change to the wireless printer to actually print a hard copy.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I had the same issue with Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021.

After starting the program, the menu buttons are disabled for a minute.

Then i found that a wireless printer  connection was the problem.

Apparently the program keeps searching for this printer at startup.

So deleted this printer in the configuration panel of windows and the program starts normaly !

Greetings,

Vincent 
The Netherlands

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I'm now getting replies from my original post back in February, I have to inform you that I've since moved on.  I'm no longer a user of PSE, mostly because of my disaproval of Adobe moving from stand-alone versions to subscription only services.  Despite this, I'm glad that others may have found solutions to this problem, or at the very least, are made aware there are others that have similar issues with the product.  Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding the PSE problem of slowness for menu items to function, I too have had this problem, but in my case I waited hours before anything responded.  But I think I have discovered the reason, at leasst in my case.  I found that if I had the taskbar setting for "automatically hide," and PSE was set to full screen, I could not get any menu item to respond.  But then I discovered that if I put PSE in minimized mode, which would not interact with the taskbar, I imediately was able to work with all menu items.  Now when I open PSE, I make sure I have it in minimized mode and I have no problems with unresponsive menu items.

I hope this helps others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines