PSE 2021 extremely slow upon launch

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded from Elements 2014 to the latest version.  When I open a new file to edit, I cannot perform any functions for a fully minute.  After that, everything works fine however.  I never encountered this issue with previous versions of PS Elements before.  It it because this version is now cloud based?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone for contributing to this thread and hopefully finding the cause.

So, now, @cary5FD2, I have to ask whether you are one of the "lucky" ones who has Save to Cloud enabled in the Editor?  If you don't know what I am talking about, see this thread.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cary,

Glad you've found the source of the problem 🙂

I suggested removing your network cable a little while ago because of remembering someone previously having an issue with a NAS device.

What would be a great step to do next is connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi instead, and see if the problem reappears.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just another thought...

You said earlier that:

"I probably should have stated at the beginning that I began have this issue with my older version of PSE 14.  It had run perfectly for several years until this new issue cropped up.  I had hoped that installing a new version of PSE would resolve the problem."

This kind of rules out the theory that the Creative Cloud desktop app is behind your problem as that was only installed as part of the newer installation.

That makes me wonder if you have a installed a new router, or maybe a new network or firewall configuration recently (but while you were still using Photoshop Elements 14). As you don't appear to be using the Photoshop Elements Organizer, it could be that by starting up the Photoshop Elements Editor, this is the only time that Photoshop Elements will check whether there any updates, and for some reason that is causing the software to "freeze".

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines