• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 2021: MULTIPLE SAVED PHOTOS WON'T ENLARGE FROM THUMBS INTO FULL SCREEN IN WIN 10

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently successfully drag & drop photos directly into the Editor and ignore the Organizer. After editing some photos, I highlight my edited photos in the bottom tray, and then move to Expert in order to have the very helpful Edit/Process Multiple Files option available to me, which I've successfully used in several older PSE versions.  My photos all wind up in my computer's destination Win 10 photo folder readily viewable as edited thumbnails like in earlier PSE versions.  When I click on any given thumb to enlarge it, it looks good enlarged and shows my successful editing. But when I click on the right arrow to expose my  next enlarged photo, all I get is a black screen, meaning I have to go back to thumbs and click on the next photo I want to view as enlarged.  It's frustrating to not be able to very quickly review  my enlarged photos.  ANY IDEAS??  (I'm not real good technically).

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The purpose of the editor is primarily to edit single pictures even if it has a 'process multiple files' feature. The purpose of the organizer is to deal easily with multiple files: viewing, searching, tagging etc. If you don't use the organizer, you probably use the Explorer or another software for those tasks.

Your present task is precisely to review many files and view them either as thumbnails or as full screen for the initial 'culling' stage. You want that done from the editor; that's not what the editor has been made for, but you can perfectly use it for culling if you use its existing features.

The photo bin acts as a 'film strip' to show the files already opened in the editor.

You can switch from one item of the film strip by clicking on any of the files in the photobin. Then depending on your personal display choices, you can show the clicked file fitting in its own window or at 100% zoom to check details. (Remember the shortcuts to click on the magnifying glass or the hand icon on top of the tool bar on the left?)

So, instead of clicking a left or right arrow, you simply click on any of the thumbnails in the film strip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Michel.  To clarify, I have no problem readily editing with the Quick Editor, after which I successfully use Expert's "Process Multiple Files" to  save my photos to my Win 10 computer.  After the photos hit my destination folder in Windows Explorer as properly edited thumbnails, I can readily enlarge any photo for a better view.  But when I click the right-arrow to go to the next enlarged photo, all I get is a black screen.  I can workaround by going back to thumbs and then enlarge my next photo, but that's slow when trying to quickly review, say, a hundred photos in the enlarged version.  FYI, I first use the very basic but quick editing tools in Explorer for simple editing.  Is the fact my photos have already had limited editing done to them using Explorer's tools possibly  causing a problem when I move them into Elements for additional editing??   I'd be thankful for any ideas.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richard,

Unfortunately, that does not clarify your problem for me. Can you explain a bit more what you do in the Explorer, and if you are only dealing with jpeg files? Maybe other members can better understand and help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Since my last post, I've stumbled across a workaround that satisfies my
needs. Thanks for your efforts. Problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines