• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 2021 Organizer Continues to Generate Thumnails

Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed Elements and Premier 2021 and have noticed that Thumbnails continue to keep generating within the Organizer.  The circling wheel below is hung up on 1 of xx,xxx.  While it is on, the screen seems to flicker every 10 seconds or so as well.  

I deleted the catalog and created a new one, but problem still remains.   Also, if I close organizer, it will not reopen and other applications are sluggish unless I reboot system.  It also has just frozen a few times. Will contact Adobe Support when they reopen but has anyone else had similar issues with the new 2021 version?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Organizer , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Looks like resolved.  After working with Adobe rep., I followed his suggestion on creating Catalog not in batch, but a few folders at a time to see if a corrupt file was causing the issue.  Through this process, I was able to isolate and find one file in a sub folder that appeared to be the culprit which would not create a thumbnail and just hung up and froze Organizer.  I really didnt think it was a file issue as the 2019 Organizer software had no issue with this specific file, but it did prove

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using? How large is your catalog? 

Try turning off all media analysis under Edit>Preferences>Media Analysis.  If this solves your thumbnail generation problem, wait for all thumbnails to be generated and then selectively turn Media Analysis back on.  Auto creations seem to take up the most computer resources, so you should perform other analysis before switching it back on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg, thanks for the response and suggestion.  I should have mentioned that I did turn off all analysis, but it didnt make a difference.  I also renamed the thumb cache file in Program Data to see if it would recreate and it did for a bit.  It got up to about 4300 before it hung up again.   I am currently running Windows 10 and my catalog is just a bit shy of 21,000.

A little bit of bachground...I did convert my 2018 catalog after I installed the new 2021 software and that appeared OK, but I had quite a few missing connections since I had reorganized my folders in file explorer.  There were still quite a few mis-matches after auto reconnect so instead of fixing manually, I thought it would be easier to just recreate a new catalog, but unfortunately I ran into this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't say what OS you are using.  If you are on Windows, what is happening in Task Manager?  Are there any high usage processes running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg, Yes I am running Windows 10 with all latest updates.  I did look at the Task Manager and the Organizer is using about 4.5-5% of CPU, 45% of Memory and 28% of Disk.   There were no other applications taxing the system with little or no other impact on the system.  I acutally just performed another test, I tried creating a new catalog with my previous version, PSE 2019 (I had a typo above and mentioned it as 2018, sorry it is 2019).   I imported the exact same files and tags as I was trying in the new 2021.  The new catalog in PSE 2019 was created fairly quickly with all thumbnails in about an hour with no issues at all.

Based on this, I suspect it is something within the new PSE 2021 version that is causing the hang up.  I am wondering if there was an issue on inital installation so I plan to uninstall the software and reload to see if there is any difference. Any other thoughts would be appreciated as I will try ADOBE as well during the work week,

thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J'ai également un problème avec Elément Organizer J'ai désinstallé réinstallé ça ne change rien. J'ai essayé de d'attirer la fenêtre vers le bas après avoir activé la réduction mais ça ne bouge pas. J'espère que Adobe va réagir et publier un patch de correction

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE - Yes I noticed the same thing on a reinstall.  I uninstalled and did a fresh reinstall and the prblem still existed.    Like I mentioned earlier, I recreated a new album in 2019 with all thumbnails created (after I had rearranged my files) and converted it into 2021 so all is good now with no missing unconnected links.  I will pursue with Adobe though as to see if this can be investagated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C'est bien que ça fonctionne mais ce n'est pas normal que l'on soit obligé de "bidouiller".J'avais ce problème avec PSE 2020 et j'ai basculé sur 2021 en pensant qu'il serait réglé en fait il en est rien. Je n'ai même pas la ressource d'appliquer votre méthode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you as it should work "out of the box".  I will post updates if I get any from Adobe.  regards...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update, Have had 4-5 sessions with Adobe so far.  They have tried modifications in settings, etc. but still have not been able to resolve.  Just rechecked to confirm in Organizer, thumbnails create fine in 2019, but still get hung up in 2021. Will keep at it, but if anyone has had some success would appreciate any advice.  thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like resolved.  After working with Adobe rep., I followed his suggestion on creating Catalog not in batch, but a few folders at a time to see if a corrupt file was causing the issue.  Through this process, I was able to isolate and find one file in a sub folder that appeared to be the culprit which would not create a thumbnail and just hung up and froze Organizer.  I really didnt think it was a file issue as the 2019 Organizer software had no issue with this specific file, but it did prove to be an issue for 2021.   The file itself did not appear to be corrupt as I could open it in explorer and editing software.  I just quickly did a minor edit and save and 2021 accepted it fine and catalog creates easily now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If possible, Can you please share the file(unedited version) which caused the issue.

It would be great to see the issue at our end and find the fix.

You can share with me privately.

Thanks,

Nidhi 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

J'ai sollicité Adobe pour leur exposer le problème. Sans réponse de leur part j'ai tanté un coup de poker en remplaçant ma carte graphique sachant que celle qui j'avais en place était ancienne et n'avait plus de pilote compatible avec W10. Et ça a marché tout fonctionne y compris le diaporama. Seul bémol il faut se décaler d'environ un centimètre du bord supérieur de l'écran. C'est bizarre mais c'est ainsi donc ça a marché pour moi mais je ne dits pas que c'est la seule solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines