• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 2021 update problem

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to download the update it just goes nowhere for hours.  So I get a message to update every time I use PSE.  Any advice for downloading on a slow internet (without driving into the "big city") or getting rid of the message.  Thank you.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to downlaod everything on a 3MB DSL-- which means, on a good day, I might hit 176Kb per second download speed. 

When I know I have something big to download I start it, and go to bed.   
I have about 15 things that could all be using bandwidth atthe same time- that's why I tend to do updates very early when I I get up at 3am or before I go to bed- My echo devices / TV / computers / tablets are not using any bandwidth- it's a system that works for me. 

Sometimes a antivirus program can "get in the way"- sometimes it might necessary to turn it off during the download-- some folks will start fussing about "never turn off your anti virus software"-  It's your call-  I've never had an issue with it since the internet began.

It might be your browser- try a different one- I stick with MS Edge simply because I like it now- last year it was firefox, during the school year I use Chrome. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Glenn.  I really appreciate your reply and I will try your suggestions.

Holly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to uninstall the program and download a fresh installation from this link.  It will install the latest updated version of Elements without going through the update process which sometimes causes issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Greg.  I wouldn't have thought of that!  The only thing is, I got my PSE program on a DVD so would I be able to download a new version on line without having to repurchase it?  I guess when I have time, I could research it.  Holly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't matter- what matters is the redemption code / serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glenn is correct.  (AFAIK, boxed DVDs will have a serial number, not a redemption code.)  You can also use this link to take you to your Adobe account products page.  You may have to sign into your account to reach the page.  You should find a download link to the program there which will also have the latest update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines