• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 2022 [Editor] won't open without restarting the PC

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

II downloaded PSE 2022 in the last few days. It doesn't want to open at times without restarting the PC. Is this a common problem with Windows 11 or do I need to uninstall it and reinstall it? It seems to work fine once it opens as far as I can tell. I had asked in the " How To" forum about moving it from the "C" drive to the "D" drive but have decided to leave it where it is for now. Thanks in Advance!!

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about the Organizer or the Editor? Does the program fully terminate when you close it?  Check in Task Manager and see if any Elements process is still running after you close the program.  If the process is running, you can End it in Task Manager and it should launch again without rebooting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg the organizer opens but the editor doesn't. It doesn't do it all the time either. What it looks to me like is running is the elements updater. Do I simply end it down at the bottome once I highlight it and will it come back on it's own to check for updates? Thanks for the reply by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, going into task manager and ending the things from adobe that were running does let it open without restarting the PC. But what a pain in the behind to have to do this all the time. Shame they can't fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try contacting Elements support. You can start a chat session by clicking on the blue Contact Us button under the Support menu at Adobe.com. Or you can contact Support by telephone using the numbers listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html.  With your permission, Support can take control of your machine and try to find the root cause of this problem.  It sometimes involves conflicting software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg, haven't called Adobe yet but did stumble across something.... If I "close all windows" from the taskbar instaed of just clicking to close the window at the top of the page it does not leave the editor running in the task manager and opens okay everytime. Weird. I will call Adobe later today after I get the mowing done. Thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I close all apps individually &  shut down my computer at the end of the day. The following morning I log on again. No,problems after a hard reboot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Halstead, I do the same thing but for some reason it will still hang up if I close the page from the "X" at the top. When I close it from the taskbar, no problem as I told Greg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Keith25973370mmm0, thanks for that information.  I will pass the information on to Adobe (and try it myself when this random problem rears its ugly head on my machine).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines