• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 2022 Save As..

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just upgraded to PSE 2022 and whenever I try to save a RAW file as a jpg, I get an error message telling me that '...file not found. Check the file file name and try again.' The system seems to default to a PSD file. I've searched the programme choices, forums, the internet and nothing can be found to resolve this issue. Anybody know what to do? 

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just upgraded to PSE 2022 and whenever I try to save a RAW file as a jpg, I get an error message telling me that '...file not found. Check the file file name and try again.' The system seems to default to a PSD file. I've searched the programme choices, forums, the internet and nothing can be found to resolve this issue. Anybody know what to do? 

By @ozieb

If you open and edit a raw file in the ACR module, the only way to save in a photo format is to use the 'Open'  button to transfer the converted file to the normal pixel editor of Elements. The file opens in either 8 or 16 bits color depth depending on your choice on the ACR menu in the middle of thee bottom line. Since jpegs don't support 16 bits, only psd or tiff are available in that choice.

On the other hand, I think there is a limit in the number of characters you can use in a file name with the editor and the organizer. Your file name is about 60 characters long, which may be a problem. I think it's a very bad idea to use so long descriptive file names when you can assign captions or notes as well as many keywords.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for takingthe time and trouble to answer this question, MichelBParis.

Adobe tell me now, that the issue concerns the fact that I have a backup link with my Dropbox account and that to make it work, I'll not be able to concurrently sync my files. When I save to a drive which is not linked, the file saves but in 2 files, jpg and xmp! The switch in the drop-down menue in the Camera Raw section, does not work. They have agreed this is correct but have no solution. In addition, the Quick section of PSE 2022 simply does not function, at all! Multiple calls have failed over nearly three months, to resolve any of these problems and I have no idea what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines