• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 22 problems with loading saved images

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the trial version of PSE 22 and like it, but when I save a black and white image that I have colorized, the program saves it fine. Unfortunately, when I try to reload the picture later, I get the following message: Could not complete your request because the file-format module cannot parse the file

I get this after saving in jpg and bmp formats. I have not tried other formats

This feature is particularly attractive to me because of all the old BW pictures I have. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

What OS are you using? 

When you save the file, are you adding a file extension to the name of the file rather than allowing the program add the proper extension? If so, are you possibly saving a multi-layer file with a jpg or bmp extension.  The jpeg file format cannot be used for layered files.

Try renaming the file with a .psd extension and see if it opens.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using? 

When you save the file, are you adding a file extension to the name of the file rather than allowing the program add the proper extension? If so, are you possibly saving a multi-layer file with a jpg or bmp extension.  The jpeg file format cannot be used for layered files.

Try renaming the file with a .psd extension and see if it opens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm using Windows 11. You were correct saving as a psd, I now uncheck the with layers  option, which I overlooked before. Now when I reload it, I can save it as a jpg and reopens fine as a jpg. It also is accepted as jpg in other photo programs. Thanks Greg for your quick response. Have a Happy & Safe 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines