• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 9 Organizer Won't Start

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PSE 9 Organizer won't start - the error message is below.  The PSE 9 Editor starts with no problem.  

This is the first time I attempted to use PSE 9 after restoring images.  PSE 9 lives on the C: drive; my catalog and images are on the I: drive.  The original I: drive was defective; I replaced it and restored the files.  I'm running Win10.  

Any help would be appreciated.

Jon.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you restore? Only a full backup from the organizer followed by a restore by the organizer can ensure both the restoration of the photo files AND the links to the new drive. Any other external backup solution can't restore the links and you would have got a 'disconnected' files warning.

The error message you get is trickier.

First try to keep the shift key pressed when lauching the organizer, you should get a contextual menu offering to repair the catalog or to start with a new empty catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the suggestion.  I received the same error when I held the Shift key and clicked the "Organize" button.

Jon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines