• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE cursor circle too light/thin

New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cursor (circle) disappears against some backgrounds. How can I make the circle thicker?

TOPICS
Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Widows 10, type "cursor" into the search box (lower left). In the dialog that opens, you can adjust the cursor to some extent. 

I don't know how to do it on a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tony,

There are a number of Painting Cursor settings you can adjust by going to Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor > Preferences > Displays & Cursors:

Screenshot 2021-05-27 225841.jpg

Unfortunately, there is currently no thickness setting for the Painting Cursor. You might want to experiment with some of the alternative cursors to see if that helps in any way.

The Painting Cursor problem you are encountering is not specific to Photoshop Elements, with many Photoshop CC users also having the same issue. This problem appears to be getting more common as people upgrade their computers to ones with higher density screens. The latest update from Adobe is that they are aware of this issue and evaluating solutions. Hopefully, the Elements team will be able to implement a similar solution to the one that the Photoshop CC team finally decide on, at some point in the future.

There are some clunky workarounds mentioned in this thread that might be of use in the meantime:

Photoshop: Make the brush cursor easier to see (too thin, not enough contrast with some colors)

Sorry if this isn't the answer you were hoping for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I appreciate the efforts to help with the too-thin cursor, which is obviously not limited to my new iMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines