• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE Editor changes time stamp on PSD

Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of PSE and I have just noticed that when I edit a photo which was taken at 11:05am and save a psd or jpg file the time stamp changes to 12:05pm. This only seems to affect photos taken after 31st October when we changed from BST to GMT. It did not happen in previous years.

It would appear that PSE thinks we are still on British Summer Time.

I am running Windows 10 Home and the time zone is set to '(UTC+0.00), Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London'. Set the time automatically is On, but set the time zone automatically is Off. Adjust for daylight saving time automatically is also On.

I have tried changing Set the time zone automatically to On and Set the time automatically to Off but this does not solve the problem.

Even when I changed the computer clock to BST this did not solve the problem so PSE is picking up the time from somewhere else.

My camera is set to record the time a photo was taken to GMT, and my computer clock also uses GMT.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved it.

My Sony Alpha 1 has a menu option to switch Daylight Savings from On to Off. When I took yesterday's photos it was set to On and changing it to Off means that edited files keep the same time stamp as the original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem with the Editor in PE2020.  Photos I took yesterday at 15:11hrs were changed to 14:11hrs when I edited and saved them.  Both my camera and my laptop are set to the same time zone, so I don't see why that should affect the issue.  Anyway, the time saved by my camera is the one that I want recorded in my images, even when they are saved.

Why does Photoshop Elements 2020 think it knows better, and insisting in messing up my carefully controlled cataloguing system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you read my second post on this topic you will see that I went into a menu on the camera and turned Daylight Saving to Off and that solved the problem. I hope it works with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much for your reply, Vivski.  Daylight Saving Time is off on my camera - but I note that my times are set an hour back when I edit, whereas yours were set an hour forward.  I therefore wonder if the problem is having Daylight Saving Time switched on in my computer.  I've therefore switched it off for now - and will report back if that works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines