• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE editor not working with re-installed system

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After 6 very long months of  cascading issues, Apple finally replaced the logic board in the Mac I bought in April. So when starting the computer home from the local shop, PSE Editor will not open, Organizer is working fine. Should I delete the ENTIRE PhotoShop Elements21 suite including the Organizer, then download a new copy of PS Elements to have everything work together? Or is there something else I should do instead?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

TOPICS
Actions , Download and install , Mac , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Hello,

There is an update available for Elements 2022, which fixes the launch issue in E2022.

To Update Elements, Request you to please Launch and Close Elements Organizer and leave your system idle, depending on your interent connection speed - the update will be applied automatically and should fix the launch issue for PSE.

In case if the automatic update fails, Please install the update for E2022 manually from Elements Organizer.

Please refer to release notes for more details around E2022

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And based on nothing I did....today when I started up my Mac computer(see previous posts for background) PSE Editor popped open ALL ON ITS OWN...possibly I had it set to open at start up, but since that didn't happen the other day and there was no error message telling me that until I tried to open it myself from the dock.

I haven't tried opening any photos, so we'll see what happens when I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that joy was shortlived. Upon importing some recent photos, I tried to import a few into first a new album I created on the fly....and nada. The error window popped up informing me the Organizer Photo Downloader had unexpectedly quit.  I tried a 2nd time, but this time tried to create the album prior to opening the Downloader and nada again. Wouldn't let me enter a name. So much for a brief moment of hope.

#PSE21 #Monterey #PhotoDownloader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear User,

Adobe is actively working with Apple to resolve the issues with OS 12.0 Monterey. As we have more information, we will update the forums. Thank you for your patience.

This issue is only specific to macOS 12.0

Regards,

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

There is an update available for Elements 2022, which fixes the launch issue in E2022.

To Update Elements, Request you to please Launch and Close Elements Organizer and leave your system idle, depending on your interent connection speed - the update will be applied automatically and should fix the launch issue for PSE.

In case if the automatic update fails, Please install the update for E2022 manually from Elements Organizer.

Please refer to release notes for more details around E2022.1 Update: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/release-note/update.html

Regards,
Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines