• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE Editor shows narrower/shallower image than all other editors I have tried.

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am confused. I have been using PSE Elements for years, shooting RAW with Canon Powershot SX50 and Panasonic Lumix FZ1000 bridge cameras. Recently I have trialled Affinity Photo, Luminar 4 and DxO Photolab. All three of the latter show a wider/deeper view image than PSE, as though PSE has been using less of the image than was available.

I can find nowhere in PSE to correct for lenses/geometry so am I stuck with this problem in PSE and need to use another photo editor to get the full images?

I would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks

Brian    

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you viewing images in Editor or in Organizer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am viewing the final edited JPEG in external viewers like Photo Gallery, Microsoft Office Picture Manager, XnView Classic but the problem seems to start at the Editor stage - if I look at the RAW image in each of the editors, the image is slightly narrower and shorter in PSE than in each of the others.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines