• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE elements photos and scans organised by date

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a large number of scanned physical photos and negatives as well as digital photos in PSE2020. These show in the grid in date order. The photos are fine because they include "Date Taken", but the scanned photos are not where I want them. I would like to organise the scanned photos by the estimated date that the original photo was taken. I have all of the photos and scanned photos in folders named "YYYY-MM-DD subject", where for the scans YYYY-MM-DD is the estimated date for those scans.  I would be happy for all of the scans to have that date, so that they appear in estimated chronological order in PSE2020.  I have thousands of scans, so I ideally I would like to be able to use some bulk renaming facility, ideally based on the folder name, if that is possible.  I am also not clear on which date field I need to edit for the scans so that they will appear correctly in PSE Organizer.  Photos use "Date Taken" I believe, but there are many other date fields, which I have tried to research but the more I read the more confusing it seems to become.   I should be grateful for any advice on how I should proceed, and whether there are any tools available that would help.

Ray

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Adobe Bridge for renaming and organizing files.  Bridge is a free download.

https://www.adobe.com/products/bridge.html

[Moved from Using the Community (forums) to Photoshop Elements.]

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

For Bulk update, you can select all the photos you want to apply the edit to, right click and select 'Adjust date and time of Selected Items'. A box will appear giving you several options for changing date of these images.

After changing the date, the images will move to the right place in Grid if you have sorted them by date.

Regarding your query about various dates in Organizer, here is an article explaining all of them: https://psekb.blogspot.com/2015/09/various-datetime-tags-used-in-elements.html

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines