Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE Search Function

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I'm using PSE 2022. Is there a possibility to search for freely selectable IPTC keywords? The PSE menu <Search>  <Details (metadata)> offers a search criteria "Keyword-Tags", which only provides a list of all the Tags I've defined before.

Best regards, Jürgen

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I'm using PSE 2022. Is there a possibility to search for freely selectable IPTC keywords? The PSE menu <Search>  <Details (metadata)> offers a search criteria "Keyword-Tags", which only provides a list of all the Tags I've defined before.

Best regards, Jürgen

By @jürgeng17737350

The organizer is a tool targetted at the 'consumer' market for people who want to organize their assets according to their own personal needs, not to the 'pros' who need special commercial sharing and publishing tools in the IPTC standard.

So, you can read the IPTC data from the files themselves both from the editor and the organizer, you can even edit them in the files themselves, but there is no choice to manage all the IPTC fields in the catalog, which would be necessary for the search functions of the organizer. Only "caption/description" and "Author" which are common to the exif data are available.

I suppose that you could use 'Bridge' for your purpose. It's free to use for you with the free Creative Cloud Desktop. You might ask here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge/ct-p/ct-bridge?page=1&sort=latest_replies&lang=all&tabid=all

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/benefits-creative-cloud-free-membership.html

What is possible in the downloader is to specify different templates to enter your own data (copyright...) into the files at import time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michel,

thanks a lot for your reply. I've tested Adobe Bridge, which perfectly fits my needs.

Best regards, Jürgen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing really nice about Bridge is the 'All Metadata' criteria option.  Sometimes I remember some value, but am not sure which metadata field it's in.  It would be nice if Organizer had that feature too, i.e., I don't know where it is, so look eveeywhere 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing really nice about Bridge is the 'All Metadata' criteria option.  Sometimes I remember some value, but am not sure which metadata field it's in.  It would be nice if Organizer had that feature too, i.e., I don't know where it is, so look eveeywhere 🙂

By @Monte307

Most Elements users don't care about IPTC fields, only about what is stored in the catalog.

Two exclusive ways to make easy and extremely fast searches:

- The search button on top right, which allows finding by typing any substring of a meaningful word, included in tags, captions or notes.

- The catalog indexing covering your whole big library.

For instance, typing "ashingt" will find "Washington" used in tags, locations, captions or notes in a few seconds. Try that for fields stored in the files themselves !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very useful to know this.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines