• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE watercolor plugin or filter

Participant ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know of a watercolor plug-in or filter software for PSE 2022?
i've seen really nice ones for Photoshop or Lightroom, but nothing for PSE

TOPICS
Actions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Topaz does a terrible job with its installation procedures.  Which Topaz plug-in(s) do you have? 

If you can find the appropriate plug-in file which will have an .8bf file extension, copy it to the following folder:  C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2022\Plug-Ins.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any true Photoshop plug-in file should work in Elements.  However, if the plug-in uses some Actions for features that are not available in Elements, this may not be true.

Added:  What version of Elements are you using?  The latest version has some new artistic effects that may suit your needs.  And even older versions have a number of watercolor styles.  If you want to show us an example of what you are looking at, we may have other solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased and downloaded Topaz, but now I am stymied how to plug it into PSE 2022.

I have used the artistic effects (several are quite interesting).

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Topaz does a terrible job with its installation procedures.  Which Topaz plug-in(s) do you have? 

If you can find the appropriate plug-in file which will have an .8bf file extension, copy it to the following folder:  C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2022\Plug-Ins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

that worked! Thank you.

I also think that adobe does a terrible job keeping current with their instructions. The only "updated 2022" Topaz  instructions I found were outdated, referring to PSE 12 and 13

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines