• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE15 clipping mask

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still using PSE 15. I am having rouble getting a clipping mask to work. I sreated a shape on layer1, photo is on layer 2 but when I hover & alt+click nothing happens. What am I doing wrong. I've tried reversing the layers & still nothing.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

It is not clear to me in your workflow where you are going astray, but try this.

1. Open your image layer

2. Duplicate this layer and shut off the visibility of the background layer

3. Select your shape. This shape should ideally be all black. At this point you should have the Background layer with visibility off, the shape layer above this, and the Background copy layer at the top

4. With the Background copy layer active, press CTR+G to group the layers,  or, hold down ALT and move the cursor b

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not clear to me in your workflow where you are going astray, but try this.

1. Open your image layer

2. Duplicate this layer and shut off the visibility of the background layer

3. Select your shape. This shape should ideally be all black. At this point you should have the Background layer with visibility off, the shape layer above this, and the Background copy layer at the top

4. With the Background copy layer active, press CTR+G to group the layers,  or, hold down ALT and move the cursor between the dividing lines between the layers in the panel. Click when two linked circles appear by your cursor. I prefer the former method.

5.You can still move the top layer to position it with the move tool in order to see exactly what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These images are from PSE 2022.  The image with the jet is from flight sim 2020.  This is how I do clipping masks.

2021-12-10_163600.png2021-12-10_163650.png2021-12-10_163744.png2021-12-10_163834.png2021-12-10_163922.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines