• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE2019 Slideshow video sound disappears if the video clip is trimmed.

Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2019 Aug 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already have this problem/question running but I misunderstood the problem. Now I know so I am posting again with a clear description.

In PS Elements 2019, I am making a slideshow that includes videos and initially it plays OK. If I then Trim the Video clips to use a section other than the first 10 seconds, the video audio is not there if using any slideshow Theme other than Watercolor. If I change the Theme to Watercolor it plays OK, but for Woods, Classic, Pan & Zoom etc. the video audio sound is not there or maybe 2 seconds then it cuts off.

I have tried toggling the mute button and all other combinations suggested but the same result.

I also have PE2018 and have tried that. Same result.

I have downloaded PE2019 again onto a different computer. Same result.

So could somebody else out there please try it also and see if they get the same result. Make a slideshow including video. Edit the video to Trim the clip so the start is outside the first 10secs. eg 12 to 20sec. Try to playback using any theme except Watercolor. Then change theme to Watercolor.

I believe this is a program fault. Can anyone confirm or come up with a fix.

Thank you

Ken

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken,

Sorry that the video sounds gets disappear in Photoshop Elements when you trim down the slideshow.

I'd recommend that you restore the app preferences as mentioned in this article Preference file locations for Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Akash

I have reset the preferences in two places.

1. In Organizer - Edie- Preferences - General - Reset Preferences to Default Settings.

2. In Photo Editor - Edit - Preferences - General - Reset Preferences on Next Launch

I have then closed down the application and restarted. Then selected my project and played it.

Result is - No change. With the video clip selection on 12 to 20 secs, there is no sound when using theme Pan & Zoom but if I change the theme to Watercolor, the video sound plays OK

Do you have any further ideas? Have you tried it yourself and does it work for you.

Thank You

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any progress please to fix this program fault that I have uncovered.

I am trying many things but nothing works.

It would be nice if someobody could just try it themselves and tell me if it works or not.

Please don't give up on me. I have paid good money for this program and now find I am just left alone when it does not work.

Thank you

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not noticed this issue before but I can confirm your findings partly. It is very inconsistent. In fact, on one attempt, I couldn't get any audio out of a trimmed clip with the Watercolor theme either.  I will report the problem to Adobe, but don't expect any fix for 2019.  All I can suggest is that you trim and render the clip in other software and bring the trimmed clip into the slideshow editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Greg

I am pleased to get some response from a person of your standing and a confirmation that I am not doing something wrong. There is actually a fault there. Maybe other people reading this might also try it.

Particularly upsetting for me is that I bought PE2018 in April 2018 only to find that the map feature stopped working in November. The Adobe statement and solution offered for this problem was - Not our fault it was Google, buy PE2019 and it will be OK.

So in the end I bit the bullet and in December bought PE2019. Now eight months later here I am again with a very useful feature that does not work. To work around this I now have to buy Premiere Elements at a cost of ? and probably will not get anything from Adobe other than an invitation to buy PE2020 when it comes out.

I am sure you can understand why I feel on behalf of all simple hobby photographers like me, that we are being taken advantage of by big companies like Adobe.

Anyway thanks again for your assistance and let's hope for a comment from Adobe.

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To work around this I now have to buy Premiere Elements at a cost of ?

Ken, there are some free alternatives that you can use to trim a video.  Handbrake is a useful free utility for converting the format of video files.  But it is also possible to trim a video with it (if you know how).  It is a little clunky, but it may serve your purpose.  Here are the instructions for trimming.

Added:  I just checked out the free Microsoft Photos app.  I see that it is now possible to trim videos with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Greg for your suggestions and I now have a work around to trim my videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Greg

Since I posted my original problem of video audio disappearing, I have been using the workarounds that you suggested.

Now I see that PE 2020 is released. Do you or anybody else know if this bug is now fixed in PE20. Having already bought PE18(Maps stopped working) and PE19(No video audio) I don't want to spend more money on PE20 to find it's the same.

If I downloaded a trial version would that be a suitable test? I have had trials in the past and they are not normally fully functional.

Thank you

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ken, I believe the problem still exists in Elements 2020.  This bug was not reported until shortly before the release of Elements 2020, so there would have been very little, if any, time to make the fix.  It would be helpful if you could download the free trial of Elements 2020 and see if you can confirm the issue on your end.  The free trial is a fully functional copy of the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Greg

I have doenloaded PE2020 and unfortunately the same result. The problem is not fixed and the video sound does not play. I was able to study it step by step and it went like this. I added 3 photos and 2 videos, then created a slideshow. It used the theme Watercolour and there was no video sound on either of the clips. I then went into the Media button top left and right clicked Trim Video. Imediately the dialog box came up saying Generating playback. I did not change anything and clicked done. The slideshow then played and the video sound was there on the clip that I clicked but not on the other one. I then changed the theme to Pan and Zoom and the video played OK.  I went again to Trim Video and changed the section of clip being used to 20 to 30secs. Result was no sound on playback. I changed to Watercolour and it played OK. So in summary.

No sound until the video was viewed and forced it to generate playback.

No sound if the video is trimmed and theme is not Watercolour.

So I am back to square one. Thank you Greg for giving me the link to download 2020. It has stopped me wasting more money on something that does not work.

I am hoping you can reach the correct people in Adobe to fix this problem as I am sure they also are not happy to have a defective program out there.

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for confirming your findings with 2020.  I will do what I can to bring this to the attention of the developers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines