Copied

Will PSE2020 work on Windows 11

TOPICS
Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you try it and let us know if it works. I had a prompt from Microsoft to download & install the upgrade, but have not done so. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't try it out because my qualifications are not good enough if things goes wrong. I hoped - expected- that Adobes staff would and could answer questions like that. 

Best regards

Finn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hoped - expected- that Adobes staff would and could answer questions like that. 

Adobe will only support you with current versions of their software (currently Elements 2022) on supported operating systems that they have tested.

Officially, Photoshop Elements 2020 is only tested and recommended by Adobe on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/system-requirements/older-versions.html

So running it on Windows 11 is officially an unsupported configuration from Adobe's point of view. However, you still have the support of the Adobe user forums in case you encounter issues. That said, most Windows software that runs on Windows 10 should run OK on Windows 11 - but no guarantees.

So, you can either ask other Adobe users in this forum to see if they're successfully running it on Win 11 or try it for yourself. Ensure that you can downgrade back to Windows 10 if you're not happy with the outcome.

Keep in mind that the current version Elements 2022 has only just been tested by Adobe and found to be compatible with Windows 11. Earlier versions will not be tested so Adobe won't be commenting on those.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/windows-11.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it just now and it worked fine for me. I updated to Windows
11 a couple of days ago and have had PS Elements 2020 for quite some
time. Doug Price

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm,

I have PSE 2020 running in Windows 11 OK, but it tells me that I have an update and then tells me my Windows needs updating - because of IE being out of date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same windows 11/PSE 2020 experience - no "free" update because I can't get Microsoft to make Internet Explorer version 11 a feature 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been using it on two different Windows 11 machines and both sort of work but periodically it shows some annoying bugs. 

1. Elements 2022 is minimized and can't be re-opened; hovering over the toolbar icon shows the open app but it never comes to foreground; in this situation all you can do is close it via a right click on the taskbar and re-launch. 

2. It seems less stable when dealing with large numbers of files (loads of 10-200,000) and frequently dies preparing for whatever the action is (e.g. file import, bulk tagging, selecting for removal from catalog). I've used many versions of Elements and this is definitely a downgrade. Note that resources such as memory or cpu are not an issue here.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines