• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE2022 wont open nefs

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new install of PSE2022. It will not open Nefs, says there is a program error. I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no av

ail

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Up date:

Further investigating this has shown that the problem is associated with screen resolution.

As an old guy (83) with diminished eyeshight I have had my monitor resolution set to a text size of 175%. at the default resolution of 1920 x 1200

Reducing the text to 150% aleaviated the problem of not being able to open RAW files. but, I had a difficult time seeing what I was working on. I got around that by lowering the res. to 1600 x 1050 (which creates other PITA  consequences like scrambling a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download this free converter (NEF to JPEG) and the file should open in PSE

Download Image File Converter Software Free for PC or Mac (nchsoftware.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lately I have saved to both JPG Fine and NEF. There are still some images I would prefer to work with ysung the RAW file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NEFs from which Nikon camera?

What is the exact error message and error code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D600 (Never had a problem in over 10 years  using PS)

"Could notcomplete your request because of a program error."

No error code given.

I have posted  what/where the problem is.

when increasing the UI size to 200% this happens. while in automatic or 100%, no problem.  I thought maybe the file size was too much but the

D850s and Z7s seem to be ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up date:

Further investigating this has shown that the problem is associated with screen resolution.

As an old guy (83) with diminished eyeshight I have had my monitor resolution set to a text size of 175%. at the default resolution of 1920 x 1200

Reducing the text to 150% aleaviated the problem of not being able to open RAW files. but, I had a difficult time seeing what I was working on. I got around that by lowering the res. to 1600 x 1050 (which creates other PITA  consequences like scrambling all my desk top short cuts). At the least though there is a work around. It would be cool if Adobe would fix this so I could work some what comfortably.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@richardm44497103, thanks for reporting what worked for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines