Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE2024 Organizer Analysis popup window

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to change the name of a "New File" on a subfolder.
I can successfully add a "New File", but when I write the name, it gives me this Elements Organizer popup window that says "! Analysis is currently running on the selected media. Please try again after some time. OK"

First off, there was no media selected.
Second, there is nothing anylsising in the status bar at the very bottome of the screen to the left of the "My Catalog..."
I've waited, then tried again and get the same message.
Have attached a screen grab of this with Red Arrow pointing to the file name I'm trying to change to "1981" and Circled in Red the popup window message.

What's going on and how do I correct this?

TOPICS
How to , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

By the time you read this, you will probably find that you can rename the folder.

• Since you were renaming a folder, all of the files within that folder are probably considered to be selected
  • The analysis referenced in the status bar at the lower right of the screen only relates to face recognition.  Media analysis of many different kinds is taking place in the background

If it happens again and you can't wait for the analysis to be completed, you can turn off all media analysis in the Edit>Pre

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the time you read this, you will probably find that you can rename the folder.

• Since you were renaming a folder, all of the files within that folder are probably considered to be selected
  • The analysis referenced in the status bar at the lower right of the screen only relates to face recognition.  Media analysis of many different kinds is taking place in the background

If it happens again and you can't wait for the analysis to be completed, you can turn off all media analysis in the Edit>Preferences>Media Analysis dialog.  If you do this, you may need to reboot your computer to prevent further analysis.  You can also try terminating the  Elements Auto Creations process in Task Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg

Thank you for answering my question. The problem seems to be gone, but still not sure why it was doing what it was doing. What I was doing when I got that message was ADDING a New Folder as a subfolder to an existing folder. It would show with the name "New Folder" highlighted, which I would then try to name with my preference. My name would then show and I would press enter and that's when I would get the message. I checked to make sure no images were highlighted/checked before doing any of this. This was the same way I'd been adding new folders and hadn't any problems.
Oh well, it's working fine now.
Appreciate you taking time to answer my question, though!
Enjoy your day! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I was wrong, I still have the problem.
I made the changes in the Edit tab that you suggested above (Edit>Preferences>Media Analysis dialog). AND
terminated the Elements Auto Creations process in Task Manager. I then restarted my machine.
No anylsis is showing or happening in the very bottom bar and no images are checked.
I'm doing everything in the Organizer and using the drop-down menus to select what I want to do.
I now have 2 subfolders named "New Folder", which shows as "New Folder (2)".
Think I'll try renaming them now and see what happens.
Nope, that doesn't work either; I'm getting the same message.
So the message says, "! The operation could not be completed. The error may have occured due to invalid characters (nope, b/c I'm naming the new file '1994'), read only location (don't think that's it b/c it's simply in my main and only catalog, which I do not believe is 'read only') or the existing folder having the same name (I don't see any other folders or subfolders with the file name '1994').
I'm stumped.
Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Never mind. I shut everything down for the night and when I fired everything up this morning things are working as they should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines