Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE21 Platform change

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a Photoshop Elements 2021 license for a windown computer.  Is it possible to shift that to a Mac OS system.  I purchased the online version.  I was able to deactivate the license from the windows system.  However when I try to download the software on the Mac it just shows me the .exe file available for download.

Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Update:

Hi,

I contacted adobe customer care for help with the platform change and they were very helpful.  Two days after I contacted adobe, I was issued new serial keys for a one time shift to a new OS.  

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go here, download the mac version, install it- plug in your serial number a nd see what happens- then you will know. 

Download Adobe Photoshop Elements | 2021, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is my understanding that online purchases are OS specific.  But it is certainly worth trying what Glenn suggests.  Please report back what you find so that we will all know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only the disc version allows a serial number for Windows and a serial number for Mac.

The download versions are only for Mac or only for Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My emergency DVD of PSE 2018 says onthe box Windows or MAC--- I wasn't sure about the online version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

Hi,

I contacted adobe customer care for help with the platform change and they were very helpful.  Two days after I contacted adobe, I was issued new serial keys for a one time shift to a new OS.  

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man oh man are you lucky!  I've done tech suppport, from home, for a software company for a couple of years.

In simliar situations if the customer was being a reasonable adult wtih me I would hook them up with different OS version of the software.  If they got demanding, typically saying "I paid good money... 14 years ago......" I stopped listening and told them simply "It's been in the software EULA sicne day one that you would have to purchase a new version for the new OS"  I politely let them know they weren't at burger king and they were not going to have things their way.

I've had users demand free lifetime updates for software they wern't entitled to.   

My point?  Just being nice to someone when dealing with tech support can produce amazing results, and often end up establishing a lifetime customer.  You cop an attitude with tech support?  They won't do anything to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glenn,

From my ten years experience in this forum, I have seen the same question asked many times. We, forum volunteers, generally suggest to call Customer Care and we often get positive feedback for an accepted exchange. Nothing is due to the customer in this case, but it's a win/win situation for both the customer and Adobe. We can't promise anything ourselves, but we can give some hope.

The more critical issues when dealing with the support is that such help is typically restricted to the two more recent versions, in which case the rule for the agents is to send the customer to this forum.

Unfortunately, there is a kind of issue which is different from the suppport and help for older versions: it's the ability to re-download older versions from your account and the ability to deactivate no longer available computers. It's rather common to see support agents refusing to deactivate old versions of Elements even if they are supposed to help in this case (that only requires one minute). In similar cases, you should insist politely and ask to speak to a suuperior agent. You can try again a bit later.

Anyway, the question is:

Are you still in possession of your old version installers?

So, be sure to keep them in a safe location. I have been able to recover the installers for all the versions I have owned.

If you have bought and downloaded your versions directly from Adobe, you can generally recover your download links as well as your license keys from your account, but don't rely on it, the policy for Adobe to keep the activation servers may be subject to changes. I have even copies of the the older versions which are not covered by the servers: copies of the installation CDs/DVDs.

Better prevent than cure: if you have a little free time, do a search for the installers, generally in your downloads folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've actually located all versions of PSE from version 1.0 through 18 on the internet archive.  The only problem is the activation for the most part--- I can't even get the installver for version 2.0 to begin.

I download stuff and I always make a backup of installation files--- I've got back ups of back ups....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines