• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE6 user, now with M1 Mac, dislikes PSE 2023 interface [was: Me so Sad....]

Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I been away from photo editing for a while, but now that I had a career change and I will be spending more time at home I went ahead and got me a new macbook M1 and immediately I wanted to get back into editing my photos, what a shoker... 

My old Photoshop Elements 6 not sure if it will run, I have the disk, but I don't have a drive to install it.

I downloaded the new 2023 version of photoshop element, and I hate it, it no longer looks like photoshop, it acts more like one of those cheap made free apps, there is no work flow that can be delvelope with the new Elements 2023.

I went out exploring other options from diferent developers and the interface is so unfamiliar that I can even find the tool to crop an image in Pixelmator.

I love lightroom but I refuse to rent software with monthly payments, and I don't even know how lightroom interface looks anymore if it also has changed.

At this point I feel so foreign to everything available out there, seems like developers have totally lost the concept of interface design and being user friendly.

Not sure where to go from here, I have this beautiful powerful macbook pro and there are no photo editor worth my time to relearn a new interface.

I got so used the Adobe interface is hard to go back and relearn a different interface, but I can't afford a monthly rent for the amount of use that I will be giving it, not like I run a business and will be making any profits.

Adobe really layed an egg by screwing up Elments, it no longer looks anything like photoshop of the old days. Where the two interfaces were basically the same, just missing some of the advance tools.

So sad this new reality.

TOPICS
How to , Mac , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lokitoz, I suspect that you are in the default Quick Mode which has a limited number of editing tools.  If you go to the Expert Mode, you will see all of the tools with which you were familiar in your earlier version of Elements (and if you dig a little deeper, you will see many more).

Snap_2022.10.10_00h32m19s_000.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even if you had a dvd drive connected to your new mac, pse 6 wouldn't work because Apple has depreciated 32 bit applications since macOs Catalina and later mac operating systems.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208436

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines