• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pull down menu 's in Organizer 2021 do not work in my Elements package

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pull down menu's in the Organizer 2021 do not work.  I bought the upgrade online from Adobe and downloaded the Elements package. When I click on a pulldown selection in Organizer, the list does not appear and the bottom line of the box around the pulldown item disappears.  The pulldowns in the Editor works fine, problem only seems to be in Organizer.   Updating from Elements 2018

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum with "some" Adobe staff participation, use the links below to make a report or request
-for Video & Audio & Animator programs https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/
-https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the  same problem. Your answer makes no sense to me. It doesn't address the pull down menu issue.

organizer is essentially useless too me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Organizer is useless to me.

This community help appliication is so slow. Keep gettting duplicate letters. It can't keep up with even sloow typiing. Adobe should be able tto do better  than this with the cost of their software...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the links posted, but they didn't work. I selected photoshop elemennts from the first dropdown li and it took me to  Lightroom problems. Adobe is certainly haviing some problems heree...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@hughrg if you are using Windows, I suspect that you have your desktop set to auto-hide the taskbar.  If you change that setting, the Organizer menus should work normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Menus work find in the editor but not in Organizer. Turning auto-hisde taskbar off does not solve the issue. Has anyone actually soved this major issue when the auto-hide taskbar 'solution' doesn't work.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, as this was the answer for me.  After I unhid my Windows taskbar, I restarted Adobe Elements Organizer, and all of a sudden the menu drop-downs appeared.  So frustrating, but thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  Shutting off auto-hide seems to have fixed the issue of the drop down menus in PSE 2022 Organizer not appearing when running Windows 11.  It also seems to have fix the issue of the map not showing up when PLACES was selected.  Very grateful for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@peterw15119044 

I have the same issue.

Maybe, but most of the time, volunteers in this user to user forum discover that it's not the same issue at all.

Menus work find in the editor but not in Organizer. Turning auto-hisde taskbar off does not solve the issue. Has anyone actually soved this major issue when the auto-hide taskbar 'solution' doesn't work.

More details would help understand the issue, particularly a screenshot. Don't answer or post attachments by mail, use the 'insert image' icon (11th from left) to embed your screenshot directly into the text of your answer in the forum.

Please confirm you are also on PSE2021 and the resolution of your display in pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked into this (that means I did a bucnh of google searches)-- a simliar issue arose abotu 3 years ago.   The "corection" involves the system font cache.   

The cause has been attributed, in the past, to some oddball fonts- workarounds inclded deleted those fonts. 

Ways to Clear Font Cache on Windows (wondershare.com)   This is just one way- DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, and pelase don't blame me for anything the goes wrong. 

In a discussion about CS6 (from last year) a couple of people deleted a bunch of fonts, til lthe number of installed fonts was below 1000- and that fixed it for them .

In another discussion- which referenced the same issue (from 2011) is was attributed to screen resolution being set to high (I'm not even sure if that is possible now).....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is from Windows 10---- the safest, and easiest thing to check.2021-01-02_162235.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help, but I have now got a solution....

Turning the auto-hide task bar does actually work once I realised that the Organiser window should not be 'maximised'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much this works. I had the same problem with the menus.Allgood now 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why is this still an issue even on organizer 2022.

seems like 2020 is the only recent version that works fullscreen with out messing with any of this stuff.

having to turn off the task bar auto hide and use the program in windowed mode is not an optimal solution. untill this issue is fixed i am not even considering purchasing the newer versions. not like they have really added many new features to the organizer anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error is an egregious one on Abobe's part. Who in the world would think that you have to get out of FULL SCREEN in order for these pull down menus to work? I bought Adobe Photoshop Elements package 2022 to replace my Elements 15 of several years ago. I just spent three hours of my precious time trying to find the answer as to why these dropdowns ONLY IN ORGANIZER do not work. Adobe so-called engineers need to be kicked in the a** for this. Stupidity!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I absolutely agree, my only solution is to just reduce from full sreen very slightly by pulling from one corner,

all works fine after that, this works with Windows 10 or 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there no sign that Adobe are going to get this right??  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there no sign that Adobe are going to get this right??  

By @joelc54449851

I am afraid that Adobe may be tempted to solve this particular hardware limitation the easy way. Just in requiring a decent, mininum,  display size in pixels. Today they are struggling to satisfy the majority of  new users wanting 4k or even 5k displays for their new laptops or desktops. They are also still trying to satisfy a much small number of old users with old hardware. The official minimum system requirements are no longer realistic to work comfortably in the editor or organizer. Today, it's difficult to find laptops with displays under the standard HD 1920 x 1080 pixels.

There has been a slight change in PSE2022 to solve partly the limitation in the vertical pixel dimension together with the Windows display about the task bar or the full screen. The workarounds in this discussion are probably better than a change in the sysem requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the Windows taskbar setting not to hide. Affects Adobe Elements Organizer menu! Should not of course. Take action Adobe!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2023 Dec 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It doesn't work in 2023 and 2024 version as well.

Adobe has not yet fixed this bug, like hundreds of others. They release new versions that are no different from the previous ones except in number and still contain the same bugs. They don't care about their users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines