• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Purchasing download of Elements via Gumtree

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I was looking on Gumtree to purchase Elements disks for my laptop and there is a user offering $17 downloads of the 2021 version. He says after payment he sends an activation code which is good ‘for life’. Sounds dodge and I'll probably buy the disks.

19A52B2E-CAA1-4D3F-9B43-10D61987BB78.png

TOPICS
Download and install , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

NOPE!  That is a 100% scam. Sellers like that usually resell the same liscense over and over and, or they sell OEM liscenses meant to go on brand new computers, wit h preisntalled software, or they sell blocks of educational licenses that were purchased by valid instititions, for dirt cheap sales to faculty, staff  / students.  

"Does not require an activation key"- that is a clear indeication that they probably edited the software to bypass the registration process- AND they will include a link

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOPE!  That is a 100% scam. Sellers like that usually resell the same liscense over and over and, or they sell OEM liscenses meant to go on brand new computers, wit h preisntalled software, or they sell blocks of educational licenses that were purchased by valid instititions, for dirt cheap sales to faculty, staff  / students.  

"Does not require an activation key"- that is a clear indeication that they probably edited the software to bypass the registration process- AND they will include a link to a valid adobe download site "It's official, see???" 

I have never seen  a price below $59, with perhaps on exception that a persone spoke about last month. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked that sellers page- a lamp for sale is the only legal thing for sale.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Glenn, especially for protecting my feelings in not being gullible. I’ve not used Photoshop before and am learning to use a mirrorless camera and didn’t want to dive in for the full version. Heard that Elements is a good starter. Thanks again, I wouldn’t even buy a lamp from that guy now (or lady)!

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines