• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Purging My Watch Folder

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I really keen to clear out unwanted images from my watch folders. I have around 7k images in there which are not listed in my catalogue. Possibly from forgeting to delete from disk when managing them in Organiser I suppose, amongst other reasons.

Is there any way that Organiser can help in this process? Either by identifying them or actually deleting them? Would it be possible to move catalogued items only, leaving me free to delete the original archive?

All help appreciated. Thanks, Andy B

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thought: the files in your watched folders and not in your catalog may be files not imported because they are duplicates or in non recognized formats (for instance pdfs in recent PSE versions).

To be sure it's not the watched folders feature which has not worked, just manually launch an import from each of those watched folders. All duplicates will be ignored. If nothing is imported, then you can ignore the non imported files.

One solution is to create a full backup of your catalog and to restore it somewhere else (in a new master folder if you have enough space or in a new internal or external drive ). If the restoration works normally, you can delete the contents of the folders you had watched. I would prefer restoring elsewhere before deleting, but theoretically, deleting before restoring in the same location should be safe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines