• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Putting a selection into another photo in PSE 2020

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm new to this community and for yesrs only used an ancient PSE 4 and then a CS 2 because I didn't do that much editing and they served my purpose, but I recently bought PSE 2020 (for both photos and videos) and I'm having a bit of a struggle due to how very different they are to what I'm accustomed to, which is understandable I suppose. 

When putting a selection into another photo I used to simply open both photo's, make the selection in one of them and drag and drop it into the other photo with the move tool. Now when I open the second image, the first one disappears and I can't seem to go backwards.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me the easiest way to perform that task on PSE 2020? And are there even various ways? Thank you in advance. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Make the  selection using one of the selection tools, then go to Edit>copy to place it on the clipboard

Open the second picture, then Edit>past. It will come in on its own layer

Activate the Move tool, and position to suit.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make the  selection using one of the selection tools, then go to Edit>copy to place it on the clipboard

Open the second picture, then Edit>past. It will come in on its own layer

Activate the Move tool, and position to suit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. 

When I first posted my question I didn't think it had actuall posted because I couldn't find it, so I ended up posting it again and doubling up. Greg_S gave me the advice that you offered above in response to the other post, but I'm still grateful that you took the time to respond to me, so thanks again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. Glad to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines