• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Connect to Internet and try again" error message

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have disabled my anti-virus, I have disabled both ad-blockers.  I have uninstalled two sketchy installations of Photoshop and Elements 12.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled Elements 2021 and have turned the fricking computer on and off in between.  I'm still getting the error message and I cannot activate.  I'm stuck with a useless program and no capable editing program left.  Frustrated beyond belief.  Please help!

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try the trouble-shooting steps found here.  Otherwise, I suggest youi contact Elements support. You can start a chat session by clicking on the blue Contact Us button under the Support menu at Adobe.com. Or you can contact Support by telephone using the numbers listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, finally found out the cause of Elements Help Menu not rcognising any internet connection!

I spotted a program in the Windows Start Menu called Adobe Help which was installed along with Adobe Web Premium CS5.5 years ago. 

If you find you also have this program you could launch it, then click Edit/Preferences/General Settings and find the heading "Display Local Help content only:" and change it from YES to NO.  After doing this, Elements help menu works fine and so does Acrobat Reader's Help link.
The several Adobe Support I communicated with, didn't seem to know this, but I have now let them know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines