• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"could not complete your request because the disk is full"

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2012 Jan 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop Elements 3 on an older desktop I use for editing photos. Yesterday, I tried to pull up a photo from my connected camera to the PE3 window and got the following error mesaage instead: "could not complete your request because the disk is full."

I have researched the Online help and Forum but can not seem to find a solution to this problem. I have gone through the Edit -> Preferences -> Memory & Image Cache, I have reset all the options there, increased the memory available to PE3 and, have uninstalled and re-installed the program without luck. I also deframented my unit but the issue persists. I now find that I also can not load photos that are already saved on my hard drive as well.

I am running a P4 system with 1GB of RAM, 52GB of free space, and XP Pro. The only changes made to this unit recently is the installation of Kaspersky Internet Security 2012. I would greatly appreciate any insight I can get on this problem. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2012 Jan 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your system is quite low on memory (RAM) by modern standards. If you have a spare volume or an external hard drive try allocating that as an additional scratch disk e.g. as scratch disk 1 with the C drive as scratch disk 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2012 Jan 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

99jon wrote:

"Your system is quite low on memory (RAM) by modern standards. If you have a spare volume or an external hard drive try allocating that as an additional scratch disk e.g. as scratch disk 1 with the C drive as scratch disk 2."

99jon,

Thanks for the response. However, I assigned an extra 200GB HD installed on my system as scratch disk 1 and my C drive as scratch disk 2 as you suggested but, that still did not resolve the problem. I am still getting the error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to get the files on to your hard drive using a card reader? You can the use the Organizer menu, File à Get Photos à from Files & Folders.

The only other suggestion I can make is to try closing other processes running in the background. You do that by launching the task manager (press Ctrl+Alt+Delete)

Go to the processes tab and then highlight individual programs and tasks and hit the end process button. Then launch Elements again. Also try temporarily disabling your internet security and see if that makes any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am able to transfer files from the camera to my hard drive. Infact, I am able to open some jpg files stored in a folder on my hard in the PE Standard Edit window, and yet, it won't allow me to open some others. PE won't allow me to load photos from my camera onto the Standard Edit window for editing.

I have tried the "End Processes" route without luck as well. I have temporalily paused my Kaspersky 2012 internet security software while attempting to accomplish the editing task in PE and the result is the same. I have uninstalled and re-installed PE and still, this problem persists. I am totally at a loss about a solution for this problem at this point. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2012 Jan 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When downloading photos the error "could not complete your request because the disk is full" often appears even when there is enough space on hard drive.

I also encountered this issue, I tried these two things after that I din't face again:

1. Delete Photo Downloader Preferences @ location %appdata%roaming\adobe\Elements Organizer\3.0\Organizer\APDPreferences.XML

2. Change your dowloading location

I observed when we try downloading in same foder hierarchy , after some time downloader treats it as disk full, Now the only option remains is to change the downloading  location . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2012 Jan 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ImNizam, I am not quite sure I follow your suggestions. Specifically, I could not follow or find the file directory in your #1 suggestion.

I was able to change the default storage location for Catalog and Saved Files but, that did not resolve the issue. Please clarify. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2012 Jan 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I went through this issue again on Bridge APD , I observed when we download file through APD , media thumbnails are updated and this is logged in a cache file . So when this cache  reached to its capacity , APD stops downloading. So here we need to delete this cache file. Also this time I tried to reproduce it using Bridge APD and not on PSE Organizer APD. So I hope deleting Cache file in Organizer Catalog may help here. Its location is C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Elements Organizer\Catalogs\My Catalog\ thumb.5.cache .

If it still doesn't work then try deleting or creating a new catalog and download again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines